Pie for the cycle...

SteveA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still find it hard to believe Aubrey Huff ever hit for the cycle. I remember watching the game, but I can't recall the triple.

In 1279 games, and 5312 plate appearances, Huff has 18 triples. The odds that he triples on the same night he has a single, double, and a homer is absurd. If the link I checked was accurate, he only has 16 four-hit games, but he hit for the cycle. Crazy.

They did get a good dig on us in there, wondering what happened to Weaver. Someone said, "I mean, this is the Baltimore Orioles."

:laughlol:

Ha. . . wow. We have underpreformed with the lineup we have but honestly this is the potential we can perform to day in and day out. . Maybe one day they will recognize :rolleyes: Harold Reynolds and the MLB Tonight crew actually pointed out that we were itching closer to contention with our rebuilding and our rookies about a month ago which really suprised me that someone on TV noticed but it was really awesome to hear us get some national recognition

I am so proud of and happy for Felix. It is great to see patience and hard work pay off. Especially for a guy who has been a good soldier all along. I hope that he is able to build on this and finish strong.

Also loved the Pie pie fiasco. Just a great night all around. Here's hoping that the future holds many more of these types of games. They are a fun bunch to watch when they are having fun themselves.

Surely you jest?

Not. One. Bit.

Pie hitting for the cycle tonight TARNISHES what Brooks and Cal did! Huff doing it was bad enough, at least he had some ML cred. Pie doing it makes it like something any Joe off the street could do.

Archived