Bell Headed to Arizona

Elon Os Fan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Bell's going to the AFL make it more likely he'll be in the majors some time next year?

Well the fact he was in Bowie this year made it more likely he would be in the majors. The AFL will help in the sense that he will probably focus on defense and batting lefty and it might help him open the season with the Orioles.

Well the fact he was in Bowie this year made it more likely he would be in the majors. The AFL will help in the sense that he will probably focus on defense and batting lefty and it might help him open the season with the Orioles.

Although Bell throws right hand, his natural batting stance is lefthanded. His terrible splits are as a RHB against lefties.

The good news is that in pro baseball there are about 3X more RHPs than LHPs, and he crushes RHPs.

Per Melewski, the full AFL list is as follows:

Bell, Snyder, Angle, Erbe, Tanaka, Perrault, and Gamboa.

Waring is on the "taxi" squad.

http://masnsports.com/2009/08/os-headed-to-the-afl.html

Hopefully, Bell and Snyder can tear it up and get long looks in ST next year.

Beat me by a few :P

No Spoone, I guess they agree he could use some rest. Since Waring was a A+ guy it probably makes sense to get him some work there, but not expose him everyday.

I can't see him on the OD squad. That would be very un-MacPhail like.

Beat me by a few :P

No Spoone, I guess they agree he could use some rest. Since Waring was a A+ guy it probably makes sense to get him some work there, but not expose him everyday.

When I talked to Spoone last week, I got the impression he wasn't going. Angle is certainly a bit of a surprise as I thought maybe Miguel Abreu could go.

When I talked to Spoone last week, I got the impression he wasn't going. Angle is certainly a bit of a surprise as I thought maybe Miguel Abreu could go.

Yeah we were talking about that last night in Bowie. My guess was Bell, Waring, Angle, Widlansky, Erbe and Abreu. I was close.

I'm very happy to see Eddie Gamboa on the list. He has come out of nowhere to become a legitimate bullpen prospect--I'd guess that his stock has risen more than anyone else in the organization this season.

I'm a little surprised to see Brandon Snyder on the list--I thought he already proved last fall that he could rake in the AFL. Maybe the team is recognizing that he's hit a wall at Norfolk and is hoping that he can rediscover his power stroke in a more hitter-friendly environment.

I'm very happy to see Eddie Gamboa on the list. He has come out of nowhere to become a legitimate bullpen prospect--I'd guess that his stock has risen more than anyone else in the organization this season.

I'm a little surprised to see Brandon Snyder on the list--I thought he already proved last fall that he could rake in the AFL. Maybe the team is recognizing that he's hit a wall at Norfolk and is hoping that he can rediscover his power stroke in a more hitter-friendly environment.

I agree regarding Gamboa.

Regarding Snyder, maybe they want to give him a chance to earn the Opening Day job and by getting him 30 extra games, that will put him close.

I agree regarding Gamboa.

Regarding Snyder, maybe they want to give him a chance to earn the Opening Day job and by getting him 30 extra games, that will put him close.

I think that's the idea with Snyder. And though he did hit very well in the AFL last year, it was in limited ABs. This year he should be more of an everyday player.

I'm slightly surprised the O's aren't sending Spoone.

Archived