Who do you want in the ALCS/NLCS

gallden

The O's don't count as an answer.

For me I think I'd like the Indians, and the Mariners. I don't mind either team a whole lot.

The NL I don't think I'd mind seeing the Padres, and maybe the Mets. I like Jake Peavy and Jose Reyes.

I loathe the Yanks and sawx but I love the rivalry they have and it'd be good baseball. So that wouldn't be bad so long as they lost in the WS.

How does it work with the seeding?

Well in terms of the seeding, the winner of Division X can not be paired against the Wild Card winner if they come from Division X in the first round.

In the ALCS, I would like to see the Cleveland Indians vs. Boston Red Sox. While I hate the Red Sox, it would be very good baseball.

In the NLCS, I would like to see the Milwaukee Brewers vs. San Diego Padres.

I really want to see the WS as Cleveland Indians vs. Milwaukee Brewers.

Well in terms of the seeding, the winner of Division X can not be paired against the Wild Card winner if they come from Division X in the first round.

In the ALCS, I would like to see the Cleveland Indians vs. Boston Red Sox. While I hate the Red Sox, it would be very good baseball.

In the NLCS, I would like to see the Milwaukee Brewers vs. San Diego Padres.

I really want to see the WS as Cleveland Indians vs. Milwaukee Brewers.

I don't know how much fun that would be, I think Cleveland would just maul Milwaukee. The NL Central is hideous.

As for my preferences:

ALCS: Red Sox vs. Angels, after the Angels yet again eliminate the Yankees in the first round.

NLCS: D-backs vs. Mets

I don't know how much fun that would be, I think Cleveland would just maul Milwaukee. The NL Central is hideous.As for my preferences:

ALCS: Red Sox vs. Angels, after the Angels yet again eliminate the Yankees in the first round.

NLCS: D-backs vs. Mets

That's what I and most felt last year concerning St. Louis.

I want to see the Mets vs the Brewers, and the Indians vs Red Sox, then the Mets over the Sox in the WS. Rematch of '86. Those were the two teams I predicted before the year, don't recall who I picked to win though, can't find that thread.

Boston is kind of a lock now. And I don't dislike them.

No Yankees! Derek frickin Jeter sitting on his fat @$$ at home WATCHING the playoffs on TV! That is all I want. All else is hunky dory with me.

Derek Frickin Jeter is many things...but fat is not one of them

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of a financial interest in seeing the Padres win the pennant, so I think I'd like to see San Diego face either Chicago or Philadelphia in the NLCS. Peavy and Young would also be an entertaining 1-2 pitching punch.

In the AL I'd like to see Cleveland and Anaheim, for fairly obvious reasons.

I would have rather seen the Brewers in the NL Central, but they're now 3 games back in the loss column with but 7 games remaining to play and no head-to-head games with the Cubs. The Cubs finish off the season with 6 road games against the Marlins and Reds. The Reds have an opportunity to play the spoiler, but I don't see that happening, given that the Cubs just took 2 of 3 from them in Wrigley and then swept the Pirates this weekend. The Brewers host the Cards for 3 games, then finish off the season with the visiting Padres, so they've got a much more difficult row to hoe. Barring some kind of a miracle, the Brewers season is over next weekend.

In the AL, all 4 teams have nearly identical records, so no one really has an edge based on their record. The Yankees and Indians are both playing better right now, winning 7 of their last 10, but that could turn around in an instant.

So, I'm not predicting, just saying who I would like to see win.

Either the Indians or the Angels will play the Yankees, while the other plays the Red Sox. My preference would be for both AL East teams to lose in the ALDS series, then for the Indians to advance to the World Series.

In the NL, the Mets will probably host the Padres, while the Diamondbacks host the Cubs. I want the Pond Scum to lose and the Snakes to win. It's a toss up for the NLCS, but the Padres have always been such push overs for the Cards in the post season that I'd like to see them make it to the World Series and beat the Indians.

The chances that it will turn out to suit me are probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 to 8 percent.

Archived