New WNST protest planned

NewMarketSean

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Nestor is getting the message.

Seriously. If there is anyone out there responsible for making life miserable for Oriole fans it's the host of a small local sports radio station.

Hopefully we won't ever again have someone organize a group of people to get together, go to an Orioles game, root like hell for the team, and let the organization, media and anyone else that will listen know that they are angry about what has happened over the last 10 years. God forbid any of that happens ever again.

More apathy! More apathy! That's what we need.

Seriously. If there is anyone out there responsible for making life miserable for Oriole fans it's the host of a small local sports radio station.

Hopefully we won't ever again have someone organize a group of people to get together, go to an Orioles game, root like hell for the team, and let the organization, media and anyone else that will listen know that they are angry about what has happened over the last 10 years. God forbid any of that happens ever again.

More apathy! More apathy! That's what we need.

The part I bolded is where I disagree with your take. Nestor and WNST don't want anyone going to the game unless it's a night that promotes them personally. He doesn't want us rooting like hell for the team.

I don't need to drink the Nestor kool-aid to know the team stinks and has for a decade and I'm hardly apathetic.

I reject Angelos and Nestor Aparicio.

In all fairness Tony. There is a difference between bad moves and moves that didn't work out.

Ainsworth, Bigbie, Kline, Perlozzo etc. They weren't bad moves at the time but they didn't work out.

Again, no one said that they haven't made mistakes. But I think you will agree with me that they do get some things right from time to time.

Not that they deserve a medal or anything, but be fair.

Fair. LOL.

This team has had 10 losing seasons and there is no end in sight. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Like Drungo said, you've got to try extra hard to have a losing season 10 years straight. The things they've done right have meant little to nothing to this point so there is no point in making them out to be anything more than happy little accidents.

Fair. LOL.

This team has had 10 losing seasons and there is no end in sight. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Like Drungo said, you've got to try extra hard to have a losing season 10 years straight. The things they've done right have meant little to nothing to this point so there is no point in making them out to be anything more than happy little accidents.

Seriously. I love how some people on here act as if any criticism of the team is unfair and point out good things they've done without acknowledging the fact that they are by and large anomolies overshadowed by a bevy of mismanagement. If your stockbroker lost you money every year for the last decade, would you point out the few times he was right as if it meant something? No, you'd look at the overall performance and justifiably criticize it.

I love how some people on here act as if any criticism of the team is unfair and point out good things they've done without acknowledging the fact that they are by and large anomolies overshadowed by a bevy of mismanagement.

Except that SJ clearly does acknowledge those facts often in his posts, but because he dares to say something positive, people jump on him. Even though the team has been managed about as bad as can possibly be, it's not a crime to point out something positive every once in a while.

Fair. LOL.

I dunno, I guess there's some utility in being something other than miserable for short periods of time. Everything doesn't have to totally suck 100% of the time.

I dunno, I guess there's some utility in being something other than miserable for short periods of time. Everything doesn't have to totally suck 100% of the time.

Actually, with regards to the Orioles it pretty much does suck 100% of the time. Whe was the last time we entered a season with the hope of being competitive? When was the last time we were competitive after the all star break? When was the last time the Orioles made decisions that actually gave us as fans hope that we were going to be competitive in the future?

How can anyone be happy about anything baseball related as an Oriole fan?

Because it's baseball and we love the game.

Everyone here feels a certain amount of frustration over how inept this team has been on and off the field. Some choose to dwell on the negative and that is their right. Some are downright pollyanna-ish and that is their right.

I choose to remain disappointed yet calm, hopeful yet wary, and that is my right.

At the game Monday night, Nestor's crowd was all pitchforks and torches storming the castle. I was with my son watching his favorite player hit a game winning home run. I'm guessing we both had a good time but for far different reasons.

If MacPhail can't change this team's direction, I'll be here screaming for his head as well, but not before he's had some time in the job.

Actually, with regards to the Orioles it pretty much does suck 100% of the time. Whe was the last time we entered a season with the hope of being competitive? When was the last time we were competitive after the all star break? When was the last time the Orioles made decisions that actually gave us as fans hope that we were going to be competitive in the future?

The beautiful thing about baseball is that even an inept squad like the Orioles still win 70 games every summer. Despite the larger picture, that's 70 nights that I go to sleep happy.

To be "fair" I think a lot of fans at least thought we could have a winning record in 2004 an 2005. I don't know if they were false hopes or not, but we were competitive right up until the All Star Break.

Everything after the 2005 ASB pretty much erases anything that happened before it, but we were at least competitive for a few months.

As for the old saying, "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

I do wonder if that's true though. Ignorance is bliss.

Archived