John Maine? What about Jorge Julio?

Mu'ayyidSaafir

But the loser of the Mets-Phillies game would already be a half game behind the Padres and Rockies' date=' so why even a need for a mini-tournament? Might be a moot point because the Rockies may well choke this away.[/quote']

Just because the loser would be a half game behind, they would still play to determine who gets the wild card. You cant say, oh you lost the NL east championship so now you cant make the playoffs.

Just because the loser would be a half game behind, they would still play to determine who gets the wild card. You cant say, oh you lost the NL east championship so now you cant make the playoffs.

That's reasonable, but is that a rule change? I thought I remembered potential scenarios in past years when they would tell the loser of a play-in game exactly that.

That's reasonable' date=' but is that a rule change? I thought I remembered potential scenarios in past years when they would tell the loser of a play-in game exactly that.[/quote']

Are you sure that in those scenarios it was as messy as 4 teams tied for wild card, btw, a division is in question as well.

Archived