4/24: In Matusz We Trust

ShaneDawg85

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We could all see that Matusz was tiring. His pitches were up, and either over the middle or tailing outside. That makes it pretty clear that a pitcher needs to be removed.

What you don't do is bring in a guy who has consistently looked awful this year. Especially when he's got no command and runners on base. Why not bring in Berken or Hendrickson there?

I still think giving Matusz a batter or two isn't a bad choice. He's got to get stretched out eventually. I have no problem questioning who he brought in but we all know that the Os as an organization have been all about slotting their pitcher for a long time now (as in, this problem extends back several managers).

The one thing I really don't understand is Berken/Hendrickson have been pretty good in the bullpen, however, I haven't seen them used very much. I've seen Albers, Meredith an awful lot even though they've stunk it up pretty much every single time. :mad:

Agreed. I don't really blame Trembley so much for going to the bullpen when he does. It's more of who it puts in/favors some times. I guess because Berken/Hendrickson are middle relief, he confines them to that very role.

To me, that's ridiculously constrictive.. Play the hot hand, especially with this bullpen. It's not like Albers has been producing at all lately. Same with JJ.

Xavier Avery went 3-5 today to push his average to .407 for the year...yep, I'm searching for things to cheer me up.

He looked good today, no joke. Great bat control and his eye looks like it's coming around. I would love if the rough prospects we took that draft are starting to mature. Hoes looked good too going 1 for 2 with a couple of walks. I should add the single was on a low and away 0-2 pitch he stayed on. Good piece of hitting.

He looked good today, no joke. Great bat control and his eye looks like it's coming around. I would love if the rough prospects we took that draft are starting to mature. Hoes looked good too going 1 for 2 with a couple of walks. I should add the single was on a low and away 0-2 pitch he stayed on. Good piece of hitting.

Nice! Thanks for the info.

Archived