4/24: In Matusz We Trust

ShaneDawg85

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Matt Albers was being brought in to relieve Matt Albers in games that Matt Albers was brought in to relieve in then Matt Albers ERA would be 100+.

Postscript to this thought; is Kam Mickolio Matt Albers? Will Matt Albers kill Kam Mickolio? Would he then be killing himself?

Post postscript; Watching this season is like watching reruns of the Soap TV series, what bizarre nonsense thing can happen next?

Curious, what was the bad decision there? Going to the bullpen at all or choosing the cold hand?

We could all see that Matusz was tiring. His pitches were up, and either over the middle or tailing outside. That makes it pretty clear that a pitcher needs to be removed.

What you don't do is bring in a guy who has consistently looked awful this year. Especially when he's got no command and runners on base. Why not bring in Berken or Hendrickson there?

We could all see that Matusz was tiring. His pitches were up, and either over the middle or tailing outside. That makes it pretty clear that a pitcher needs to be removed.

What you don't do is bring in a guy who has consistently looked awful this year. Especially when he's got no command and runners on base. Why not bring in Berken or Hendrickson there?

That's all a moot point if we have a competent bullpen.

The one thing I really don't understand is Berken/Hendrickson have been pretty good in the bullpen, however, I haven't seen them used very much. I've seen Albers, Meredith an awful lot even though they've stunk it up pretty much every single time. :mad:

Archived