It might be time to cleanout the clubhouse

JTrea81

I've been hanging onto the fact that we need to keep everybody we have to try to win in the second half but perhaps it's time for a complete clubhouse cleaning at the deadline.

I would keep Wieters, Matusz and Jones because they aren't quite used to the losing culture yet.

But Markakis probably needs to go, as does Roberts. Hearing Tony's comments in another thread, I think this clubhouse has too many players that are used to losing and Markakis is one of those players IMO.

I think it might be best for him and the team to part ways and since he is under control for some time, we could probably get a good haul for him considering the lineup is the reason he is underperforming power wise.

Roberts would be harder to trade for a good return, but I would look to try to sneak him through waivers if he's healthy in August as nobody would want his contract.

And the vets like Wigginton, Tejada, Millwood, Guthrie etc would all go as well.

So clean everybody out, and start over with younger established ML players if you can, and try to make some trades in the offseason to rebuild this thing once again. By tearing everything apart, we should also lock up Rendon for the 1st round pick as well.

I never thought I would want this, but I really think this might be our best course now. Baltimore is a complete mess.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we should get rid of some of the few good players we actually have to instill a "winning" culture with those who are left? You do know the team would be that much worse for a while, right?

The only thing I want "cleaning out" is this whole coaching staff once the long-term manager gets the call.

I've been hanging onto the fact that we need to keep everybody we have to try to win in the second half but perhaps it's time for a complete clubhouse cleaning at the deadline.

I would keep Wieters, Matusz and Jones because they aren't quite used to the losing culture yet.

But Markakis probably needs to go, as does Roberts. Hearing Tony's comments in another thread, I think this clubhouse has too many players that are used to losing and Markakis is one of those players IMO.

I think it might be best for him and the team to part ways and since he is under control for some time, we could probably get a good haul for him considering the lineup is the reason he is underperforming power wise.

Roberts would be harder to trade for a good return, but I would look to try to sneak him through waivers if he's healthy in August as nobody would want his contract.

And the vets like Wigginton, Tejada, Millwood, Guthrie etc would all go as well.

So clean everybody out, and start over with younger established ML players if you can, and try to make some trades in the offseason to rebuild this thing once again. By tearing everything apart, we should also lock up Rendon for the 1st round pick as well.

I never thought I would want this, but I really think this might be our best course now. Baltimore is a complete mess.

I totally agree but don't see it happening with such a conservative GM.

I totally agree but don't see it happening with such a conservative GM.

True, I think MacPhail would have to be fired and a GM that would be really aggressive such as Towers would be the architect of the next rebuild, which shouldn't take as long.

I find this LOL hilarious. :rofl:

So, since you do admit that AM is good at making these type of trades - I guess you are now going to advocate that we keep him so that he can clean house, right.

I'm stunned, speechless and dumbfounded by the dipsh__ logic in the original post in this thread, so I'll say the following, which will become my standard response in future situations such as this:

It is written:

No matter the record of the Orioles, never doubt the core or The Switch-Hitting Jesus.

More:

The Switch-Hitting Jesus saveth all who believeth.

Blessed Be Thy Name, Wieters.

Amen. :pray:

I find this LOL hilarious. :rofl:

So, since you do admit that AM is good at making these type of trades - I guess you are now going to advocate that we keep him so that he can clean house, right.

No, too much needs to be done for MacPhail to do it. He'd take 3 more years to pull off all the moves that need to be made.

We need a "gunslinger."

We can't turn around the CULTURE OF LOSING unless we go out and make some WOW OFFERS to some PREMIUM TALENT and acquire a TOR STARTER and a BIG BAT.

Did I miss any?

You forgot WINING AND DINING other GMs with whom the Orioles would work to construct trades. After all, it is WINING AND DINING that lands PREMIUM TALENT in the first place. This, we've been told, is why T-Bag didn't sign with the Orioles.

I'm stunned, speechless and dumbfounded by the dipsh__ logic in the original post in this thread, so I'll say the following, which will become my standard response in future situations such as this:

It is written:

No matter the record of the Orioles, never doubt the core or The Switch-Hitting Jesus.

More:

The Switch-Hitting Jesus saveth all who believeth.

Amen. :pray:

What the heck does Matt Wieters have to do with cleaning out the clubhouse?

I'm not advocating trading him anyway...

Honestly maybe we do need to hope some of these guys get hot for the next two months and move the majority of them.

Who is worthy?

Maybe Wieters and Matusz. They havent failed enough yet. The rest. Bleah they mean nothing to me. They represent failure, lack of hustle.

Maybe keep Markakis but Roberts should go.

What the heck does Matt Wieters have to do with cleaning out the clubhouse?

I'm not advocating trading him anyway...

It is also written:

To believeth in The Switch-Hitting Jesus is to believeth in the core and The Orioles.

If you don't subscribe to this, fear not, for

The Switch-Hitting Jesus forgiveth nonbelievers.

Amen :pray:

Archived