I thought this deserved its own thread...

NewMarketSean

I would like to know how you take a physical, but skip the MRI. Why would they do that. If the player is balking at an MRI, isn't that an enormous red flag? Makes no sense to me. Unless the situatioin is being mischaracterized in some way.

I believe that Tony's upcoming comments are going to go way beyond something like Gonzalez's MRI/physical. Think much bigger/broader.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that Tony's upcoming comments are going to go way beyond something like Gonzalez's MRI/physical. Think much bigger/broader.

You guys sure know how to fire up this board. :D

Just say "big news coming soon" and this place is hopping.

Great but I am stiil interested in how a pysical would occur without an MRI. Isn't an MRI SOP for pitchers when traded/signed?

I sure hope/wish the O's were about to be sold. It's not out of the question, though I admit the odds seem low.

Seems like there's some misinformation around, to me. Sort of like the Hobgood 310 rumor that seems not only technically VERY wrong, but actually indicating the exact opposite of what he's done with his weight since the end of last season.

I'm not sure how credible any of this stuff is right now.

Would you like to expand on that? How is his weight technically very wrong and if you are suggesting he's lost weight since the end of last season I'd like to see your proof.

I'm interested in the answer to this question. :scratchchinhmm:

Looking at it realistically, how could there not have been a lack of consensus on the Hobgood pick? I had never even heard his name mentioned as a possibility until the day of the draft.

Looking at it realistically, how could there not have been a lack of consensus on the Hobgood pick? I had never even heard his name mentioned as a possibility until the day of the draft.

Agreed. If nothing else, the early results have to have some higher ups wondering what Jordan was thinking with that pick. I think its fair to point out he was a legitimate first round pick and there were reports that another team was going to take him in the top 15. The pick probably signals that Jordan does indeed call the shots and he wanted to allocate his draft budget differently that tying up a bigger chunk of its in one of the other hight school pitchers.

Agreed. If nothing else, the early results have to have some higher ups wondering what Jordan was thinking with that pick. I think its fair to point out he was a legitimate first round pick and there were reports that another team was going to take him in the top 15. The pick probably signals that Jordan does indeed call the shots and he wanted to allocate his draft budget differently that tying up a bigger chunk of its in one of the other hight school pitchers.

I think the higher ups knew exactly what he was thinking. I don't think their was a riff there at all.

Archived