Britton warming up....

Johnny

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job by Britton there. Got a big K with a runner on 3rd and one out. That sinker is as sdvertised.

Adding him to Matusz, Arrieta, and Tillman, with Berken, Hernandez, Simon et al. in the pen makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

Britton was definitely impressive, especially like Frobby said, getting that K with a guy on third and one out. Huge. His sinker had real good velocity (93-94) and a TON of downward tilt. Real tough pitch for hitters. He did leave one up to Alonso with 2 outs, who hit it to deep left center, but it was caught and he ultimately got out of the jam. He reminded me a bit of Jon Lester actually.

Britton was definitely impressive, especially like Frobby said, getting that K with a guy on third and one out. Huge. His sinker had real good velocity (93-94) and a lot of downward tilt. He left one up to Alonso, who hit to deep left center, but ultimately got out of the jam.

He reminded me a bit of Jon Lester actually.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd leave him down the rest of the year, though. Get his innings, shut him down, make three or four starts in AAA next season and up for good. No reason to waste a year of service time on this season. I know, I know, but do we really want every pitcher that matters on our roster to be within one year of free agency with each other? I don't.

I'd leave him down the rest of the year, though. Get his innings, shut him down, make three or four starts in AAA next season and up for good. No reason to waste a year of service time on this season. I know, I know, but do we really want every pitcher that matters on our roster to be within one year of free agency with each other? I don't.

I agree Clarence.

Archived