ESPN is reporting...

Greg Pappas

Why are you asking a question you know the answer to? You read this board all the time, and I'm sure you've seen many posts that have said something along the lines of "I don't want to bring in a known steroid user." Those types of posts are rather common.

Ummm...Because i don't know the answer to it...Seems pretty obvious since i asked it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well obviously he has less value than AROD.

That's not what I or Gesh were talking about. What I'm saying, and what I think Gesh is saying is that if a team looks at two players equally, then one shows up on this list, they'll prefer the one who doesn't.

Ummm...Because i don't know the answer to it...Seems pretty obvious since i asked it.

That's funny coming from someone who reads this board all the time and has had to have seen quite a few of the posts I'm referring to.

That's not what I or Gesh were talking about. What I'm saying, and what I think Gesh is saying is that if a team looks at two players equally, then one shows up on this list, they'll prefer the one who doesn't.

Perhaps this is true...Of course, with so many names likely to be out there, every option may have an issue.

SG, why do you love to avoid/ignore/dance around the steroid issue? For someone who doesn't care about it, you sure do participate in a fair amount of the conversations on this board about it.

MM, why are you obsessed with everything i say?

Why do i somehow come up in most of your posts?

And why do you routinely make the dumbest and stupidest jokes?

This is a freaking discussion board and if i choose to get involved in a conversation, i will do it.

I stay out a lot of the steroid conversations.

And who cares? Jesus.

Just answer the damn question or ignore it.

Not even talking about steroid conversations, although maybe you should look at them so you stop thinking no one cares. I'm talking about posts/threads suggesting we go after specific players who have been linked to steroids.

To answer your question, I would care if he has been using them up until now, but is not going to in the future. I would also care about the negative PR that the O's would receive. I wouldn't personally care much about the morality of it though.

no way Brob woudl've used. But Miggy definately. Even Arod might be in that list.

In 2005, BRob has a power year he has never come close to duplicating and you say no way he used but Miggy definitely did?

Hell, i would say it is much more likely BRob did than Miggy.

However, if BRob is named, i am not sure how much it would hurt him either.

He has shown to be a high doubles guy with 8-12 homers in other years...His game is drawing walks, speed and gap to gap.

But i would say he was on something in 2005...At least that is very likely.

Not even talking about steroid conversations, although maybe you should look at them so you stop thinking no one cares. I'm talking about posts/threads suggesting we go after specific players who have been linked to steroids.

To answer your question, I would care if he has been using them up until now, but is not going to in the future. I would also care about the negative PR that the O's would receive. I wouldn't personally care much about the morality of it though.

YOu think if AROD comes out as a user that when some team signs him that they will have negative PR? Are you kidding me?

The majority of fans would care less.

Should the Orioles keep Tejada because Cindy and others like her want Muggy to stay???

YOu think if AROD comes out as a user that when some team signs him that they will have negative PR? Are you kidding me?

The majority of fans would care less.

Should the Orioles keep Tejada because Cindy and others like her want Muggy to stay???

Well at least you're down to the majority of fans, instead of all.

Yes, there would be some bad PR, you're naive to think there wouldn't be. There would be some good PR as well.

Of course not, but I'm not talking about fans like Cindy here, there are plenty of serious and knowledgable fans along with casual fans who are against known steroid users joining their teams.

Any response to the performance angle?

But i would say he was on something in 2005...At least that is very likely.

And I'd like to say that I have a hard time believing that simply because of the effects that garbage could have on his heart condition. Maybe that's naive of me but I always wonder about that, especially since I have a friend who had a similar condition and surgery when she was young and who had to have heart surgery back in August to fix it all over again. Maybe that's a discussion for another thread though, the effects of that stuff on his heart condition.

Well at least you're down to the majority of fans, instead of all.

Yes, there would be some bad PR, you're naive to think there wouldn't be. There would be some good PR as well.

Of course not, but I'm not talking about fans like Cindy here, there are plenty of serious and knowledgable fans along with casual fans who are against known steroid users joining their teams.

Any response to the performance angle?

Not really...I already said that they may think he isn't as good as he was a few years ago but that he is still very good(assuming you mean Tejada here).

The bad PR would be meaningless and would certainly not deter anyone from bettering the team. There would be scattered fans and some members of the media who would care....Big deal.

Do you think the Indians fans are watching Betancourt mow down Red Sox hitters and are saying, gee, i don't want that known steroid user out there right now...Get him off the field!

As soon as Bonds retires or gets caught or whatever, most of this starts to go away.

If you ask fans about the steroid stuff, inevitably the name Bonds comes up...That is all that matters and really, they only care because he isn't nice.

Archived