King Felix Shut down for season

Cricket

Seattle: #6 org.

Seattle is in big trouble. Think about it. They had the two best pitchers in the American League, King Felix and Cliff Lee, yet they had the second worst record in baseball.

That is quite a hole to dig themselves out of. Jack Z isn't looking quite so brilliant anymore. That team gets lots of love because some of the leading stats guys like Cameron have a soft spot for them. However, that team has a long way to go. The good news for them is that it is much easier to make that journey in the division in which they play.

Here's a case where the run support a pitcher didn't get borders on the criminal.

I don't blame Seattle for shutting him down, but shame on them for the crap team they put behind him all season long.

One of the local radio shows on a station that I wont mention had their "producer" go on for about 10 minutes about how, for Cy Young consideration, wins and losses should matter. He went on to basically say that while Felix's stats were good, he didn't win enough games because "winning effing matters" (with regards to the Cy Young award).

I felt dumber for having listened to it.

Did I miss something, how is this O's related?

Via conspiracy theory.

Honestly...I'd probably shut the guy down too. To be fair, Seattle is .500 when he starts games. I'm not sure if they were going to do anything to try and lose games it would be take Ichiro out of the lineup.

Archived