Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Pick up the tab(6-10 mill) if we can get Santana AND Wood! Start off with Adenhart and pull down to just those two.

Wood's upside is even better then Tejada. And then, Santana would be icing to the cake.

We shouldn't have to pick up the tab for Santana and Wood. We're offering a superstar player signed long term at a good price. Getting 2 young stars back is not unreasonable or unprecedented.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Blalock really all that though? And do we really need another 3B? I don't think they have anyone who can compare to Santana in terms of a young top of the rotation starter.

No, Blalock isn't all that, his OPS is only .760 this year, under .700 away from the hitters paradise in Arlington. Last year his OPS was .749, only .611 on the road. Have to go back to 2004 to find a solid year, he had an OPS of .855, but only .782 on the road. Career OPS on the road: .692.

I do not want Blalock as a main piece of a Tejada trade! He's very overrated!

Santana isn't a prospect anymore. He's already established himself as a good major league pitcher, better than any on our staff other than Bedard. And he's only 23.

Getting him and one of the top 5 prospects in baseball is more than fair.

I should of said players instead of lumping young MLB guys and minor league guys together. I know about Santana's abilities and what he has done so far in the majors.

I do realize Santana and Wood is fair, but I would feel much more comfortable with a third player from Anaheim.

Personally, I milk these teams for everything they got, but at the end of the day I take the best deal on the table.

I really have to wonder about Angelos' veto powers on trades.

What if the Astros offered Pence, Hirsh, and Patton for Tejada?

What does he know about any of those prospects to determine whether that is a deal that should be made? Let the baseball men do their jobs!!!

Also, the FO should know beforehand what will be an acceptable offer for Angelos to approve. There is no need to negotiate a deal knowing Angelos won't approve it.

Concerning PA's veto power, I really just wish the front office was allowed to do their job. If they feel a deal is good, it should be done unless it puts us over budget which this obviously does not do.

However, maybe I should be careful what I wish for since I don't quite trust Flanagan to make a good trade.

I'm really curious about this Astros deal. Its apparently an updated offer from the Everett/Lidge/Tavarez disaster, with up to 5 "prime" players and several sources saying its the best deal on the table. And we know Santana/Aybar is on the table. What could it be?!? :confused:

I really have to wonder about Angelos' veto powers on trades.

What if the Astros offered Pence, Hirsh, and Patton for Tejada?

What does he know about any of those prospects to determine whether that is a deal that should be made? Let the baseball men do their jobs!!!

Also, the FO should know beforehand what will be an acceptable offer for Angelos to approve. There is no need to negotiate a deal knowing Angelos won't approve it.

I agree. The last part it a great point. It sucks that PA consistently does this, but if it's going to continue to happen, why can the front office run various deals by PA beforehand?

Concerning PA's veto power, I really just wish the front office was allowed to do their job. If they feel a deal is good, it should be done unless it puts us over budget which this obviously does not do.

However, maybe I should be careful what I wish for since I don't quite trust Flanagan to make a good trade.

I truly believe that if Flannagan was offered a GM position on another team he would take it in a second. Who would want to be a GM for the O's? Not me, if that were my line of business. PA has been a cancer for the past several seasons by not spending the money like NY and Boston does to build a championship team. It is pretty apparent, isn't it?

I'm really curious about this Astros deal. Its apparently an updated offer from the Everett/Lidge/Tavarez disaster, with up to 5 "prime" players and several sources saying its the best deal on the table. And we know Santana/Aybar is on the table. What could it be?!? :confused:

I might have missed this...who said they offered up to five prime players? Any specifics at all on who might be involved? And is this the deal Angelos rejected?

You're just going to dump a guy after giving him an extension with a no-trade clause after he took a discount to stick around?

Dude, that's cold. I think sometimes we forget about the fact that these are human beings here and not just trading cards we can switch around.

You're just going to dump a guy after giving him an extension with a no-trade clause after he took a discount to stick around?

Dude, that's cold. I think sometimes we forget about the fact that these are human beings here and not just trading cards we can switch around.

It was just one guys idea, I dont think anyone agreed with him

Archived