Orioles to bid on Nishioka

jiminnj

From MLBTradeRumors

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 19 at 9:22am CST]

The Orioles' search for a shortstop has led them to Japan and to the trade market. They are going to bid on Japanese infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka according to a Sports Hochi report relayed by Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker.

In another entry, it is reported that the Os are 1 of 5 teams in on Upton.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From MLBTradeRumors

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 19 at 9:22am CST]

The Orioles' search for a shortstop has led them to Japan and to the trade market. They are going to bid on Japanese infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka according to a Sports Hochi report relayed by Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker.

In another entry, it is reported that the Os are 1 of 5 teams in on Upton.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

They are probably just putting this out there to drive the price down on Hardy/Bartlett

The rumors on Bartlett and Hardy and now this on Nishioka make it appear that MacPhail may be concentrating on doing something at SS as his first priority, or at least the first thing he is going to act on.

So much for all the love given to Izturis. Reminds me of all the love given to the old coaches and now none of them are returning. Buck (and MacPhail) will sing the praises of his current players and coaches but that does not equate those people being at the top of his wish list

I like going after this guy. Potentially a long term solution for SS or 2B (eventually) and he is an OBP machine, something this free swinging lineup needs.

The only other SS I am interested in signing is Peralta.

28 years old, career slugging .420 is pretty good for a SS. But he doesn't get on base well.

I like going after this guy. Potentially a long term solution for SS or 2B (eventually) and he is an OBP machine, something this free swinging lineup needs.

The only other SS I am interested in signing is Peralta. 28 years old, career slugging .420 is pretty good for a SS. But he doesn't get on base well.

He re-signed with Detroit, I believe.

Archived