Bowden: O's have made significant offer to Konerko

section36

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why go for Konerko when Lee doesn't cost a pick? The O's logic is just baffling sometimes.

Agreed. Lee makes so much more sense both in terms of dollars, draft pick compensation, and the fact that we can probably get Lee for just a year or two meaning we can make a legitimate run at an FA AGon or Fielder.

This thread is the PERFECT example of why you cannot make anyone happy.

We complain that the Orioles don't make any moves.

We complain when we offer Martinez 4/48 that its too much and too long.

We complain when Martinez signs with the Tigers for 4/50 that we didn't offer enough.

We complain that the Orioles won't make any trades.

We complain that the Orioles are considering losing DH for Bartlett.

We complain that the Orioles aren't aggressive.

We complain that the Orioles made an aggressive offer to another top first baseman.

WTF man? What the hell do we want?

You cannot make GOOD trades without losing good talent.

You cannot get the better talent without overpaying.

You cannot make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

We HAVE to get better people. If that means overpaying Konerko, then do it. If that means losing DH for Bartlett, then do it.

I fear that no matter WHAT the Orioles do, it won't be the right move for 95% of the people on this board!

Why go for Konerko when Lee doesn't cost a pick? The O's logic is just baffling sometimes.

Two reasons:

1) Konerko knows the AL pitchers and Lee has to change leagues and learn the pitchers at age 35.

2)The round 2 pick has been devalued by the supplementary compensation picks. It is probably the pick 65th pick. The risk in higher with a lower pick of the player not making the majors.

This thread is the PERFECT example of why you cannot make anyone happy.

We complain that the Orioles don't make any moves.

We complain when we offer Martinez 4/48 that its too much and too long.

We complain when Martinez signs with the Tigers for 4/50 that we didn't offer enough.

We complain that the Orioles won't make any trades.

We complain that the Orioles are considering losing DH for Bartlett.

We complain that the Orioles aren't aggressive.

We complain that the Orioles made an aggressive offer to another top first baseman.

You cannot make GOOD trades without losing good talent.

You cannot get the better talent without overpaying.

You cannot make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

We HAVE to get better people. If that means overpaying Konerko, then do it. If that means losing DH for Bartlett, then do it.

I fear that no matter WHAT the Orioles do, it won't be the right move for 95% of the people on this board!

This post is 100% wrong! ;):D

I want to see them sign Lee and Beltre (if under 5/75) and trade for Hardy. If we can't get Beltre, I want to see them trade for Reynolds. This doesn't cost us any draft picks, or any substantial pieces of the future. We're set up well to sign AGon next offseason, and add a SP if necessary. Also, I wish we had offered Koji and Millwood arbitration.

That's what I want. But, I imagine they will do something stupid like sign Konerko.

Archived