Source: Orioles Close To Signing Kevin Gregg To Two Year Deal

Brendan25

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see how anyone can compare Reynolds to Atkins. Reynolds yes had a bad year last year. He was also one pace for a 800 OPS until he had a horrible September when he I believe broke his hand. He's one season removed from a 40-100 sesaon where he had a 860 OPS. Atkins was a guy who was on a downhill slide for the past few years with slipping power and everything. I agree it does remain to be seen who will be better offensively between Beltre and REynolds however I think we made the right move. This is going to be a heavy draft where the 2nd rounder we would have lost if we had signed Beltre is going to be equivalent to a mid 1st rounder in many others. Yeah Beltre's a good player but we got Reynolds on a bargain. Sucks to lose Hernandez but you make that trade any day of the week and then again if you ask me. I wouldn't be totally opposed to Gregg but I'd rather we go with cheaper options on the bullpen.

Oh, I can see it...The person just has to know nothing about baseball. Those people are everywhere. :)

Yeah, in FantasyLand

I have a question for you, do you read what you write??? Because it makes you sound like you are clueless, reynolds is 27 and in his prime. Atkins is over the hill, teams need middle relievers, so not every signing is going to be a blockbuster.

I have a question for you, do you read what you write??? Because it makes you sound like you are clueless. Reynolds is 27 and in his prime. Atkins is over the hill. Teams need middle relievers, so not every signing is going to be a blockbuster.

I'm not asking for each to be a blockbuster, just one, just one. And to answer the most recent question: I would never consider a platoon of Reimold and Thome based on Reimold's terrible 2010. Thome's age would be a concern, but if plattoned with another match opposed to Reimold, might be a consideration. When or what does Reimold know about the DH role, or when has he proven the ability to deserve that opportunity? Reimold needs to start the season in one place AA OR AAA. And as far as Reynolds, if he can produce with his 2009 numbers, I wouldn't be crying every 2 seconds about his addtion, but his pattern of low batting average, not being patient at the plate makes me very scared that all of the supporters will be bandwagon haters come June

I have a question for you, do you read what you write??? Because it makes you sound like you are clueless, reynolds is 27 and in his prime. Atkins is over the hill, teams need middle relievers, so not every signing is going to be a blockbuster.

I love that this was your first post. I can't help but picture that you've been browsing this site for years and never felt it necessary to join the conversation. But this thread, this post

Originally Posted by maybe2050

Yeah, in FantasyLand

, compelled you to speak up and ask "Do you read what you write???"

Rep to you and welcome to the board.

I'm not asking for each to be a blockbuster, just one, just one. And to answer the most recent question: I would never consider a platoon of Reimold and Thome based on Reimold's terrible 2010. Thome's age would be a concern, but if plattoned with another match opposed to Reimold, might be a consideration. When or what does Reimold know about the DH role, or when has he proven the ability to deserve that opportunity? Reimold needs to start the season in one place AA OR AAA. And as far as Reynolds, if he can produce with his 2009 numbers, I wouldn't be crying every 2 seconds about his addtion, but his pattern of low batting average, not being patient at the plate makes me very scared that all of the supporters will be bandwagon haters come June

IF and when he starts putting up 35 - 45 hrs from 3rd base, regardless of the avg. and SO, there will not be a ton of band wagon hatters jumping on board. This team was in desperate need of some mashers. Granted there are far more guys out there who are better, but MR goes a long way to fill this need.

IF and when he starts putting up 35 - 45 hrs from 3rd base, regardless of the avg. and SO, there will not be a ton of band wagon hatters jumping on board. This team was in desperate need of some mashers. Granted there are far more guys out there who are better, but MR goes a long way to fill this need.

Well when / if he ever puts up 35-45 HRS from the 3rd base position for the Orioles, then you make sure you blast me on this board, but until then

"No one is a sure thing, there are literally no guarantees, in any sport, ever.

Show me where you actually gave reasons to back-up your response.

Which response do I need to back up? I thought I did with Thome's age , Reimold's last season results, and needing more time in the minors. I'm assuming that was the response you're referring to, or do I need to give each player's lifetime stats for it to be absorbed? LOL

I'm not asking for each to be a blockbuster, just one, just one. And to answer the most recent question: I would never consider a platoon of Reimold and Thome based on Reimold's terrible 2010. Thome's age would be a concern, but if plattoned with another match opposed to Reimold, might be a consideration. When or what does Reimold know about the DH role, or when has he proven the ability to deserve that opportunity? Reimold needs to start the season in one place AA OR AAA.

If Thome is signed, they can figure it out in ST. The righty half of a DH platoon probably plays about every third day, and just isn't that tough to fill at least adequately. If Reimold really can't handle it--though I doubt that--then give Snyder a shot or pick one up somewhere else. The scrap heap is full of RH hitters who can OPS .800 as part of a DH platoon.

You are talking about probably 250 PA over a full season.

Not being patient at the plate? You just proved that you know nothing about baseball, reynolds is one of the best players in the mlb in taking pitches. He was hurt most of the year last year and still hit 32 homers. What do you want mcphail to do. sign werth to a 126 mil dollar contract. sorry thats dumb with the money. You want him to trade our best prospects for fielder or gonzalez before he went to boston??? This team doesnt have the depth in the minor leagues to do that. I dont want to trade britton or arrieta. You dont trade young good pitching for a player that has a one year left in his contract and then will spilt.

Well when / if he ever puts up 35-45 HRS from the 3rd base position for the Orioles, then you make sure you blast me on this board, but until then

"No one is a sure thing, there are literally no guarantees, in any sport, ever.

I'm guessing that's why it started with the word IF (and in caps, at that).:D Nothing is a sure thing, It's just my opinion that I think he will put up those type of numbers, and I cant wait to see how far the ball goes. BTW, by your own admission, please keep in mind, that if we traded for AGON, or Fielder, etc... that those guys are not guaranteed anything either;)

If Thome is signed, they can figure it out in ST. The righty half of a DH platoon probably plays about every third day, and just isn't that tough to fill at least adequately. If Reimold really can't handle it--though I doubt that--then give Snyder a shot or pick one up somewhere else. The scrap heap is full of RH hitters who can OPS .800 as part of a DH platoon.

You are talking about probably 250 PA over a full season.

Thome can still mash, and don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him DH'ing for us, even if we do land Lee or Laroche, but Reimold would not be the guy platooning with him if it were me. I feel you'd be getting the production from the Thome end but not the Reimold end

Archived