+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hung on for the ride.
    Posts
    52,867

    Owners meeting next week in Florida.

    The general manager and owners meetings will take place next week in Orlando, Fla.

    November 11-13. GM/Owners Meetings, Orlando, Fla.


    Do you expect any Orioles news to be discussed?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Just a long fly ball from Tropicana field
    Posts
    2,844
    Perhaps the Nationals will press for a resolution of the MASN dispute.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hung on for the ride.
    Posts
    52,867
    Quote Originally Posted by mdbdotcom View Post
    Perhaps the Nationals will press for a resolution of the MASN dispute.
    Hahahahaha! Very funny! Bud will leave that for the next dude to handle!

  4. #4
    I wouldn't expect much FA news (though Boras and all the other big agencies will be there), but the groundwork for trades could be laid, and if the Orioles have interest in guys like Kendrick or Butler, we might hear about it.

  5. #5
    Tx Oriole's Avatar
    Tx Oriole is offline Plus Member Since 04/04 - All-Star Hangouter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,653
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    The general manager and owners meetings will take place next week in Orlando, Fla.

    November 11-13. GM/Owners Meetings, Orlando, Fla.


    Do you expect any Orioles news to be discussed?
    No I don't think so.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sunny Central FL!
    Posts
    11,805
    Roch, Britt and Co. will be sniffing around trying to make news. DD will throw out a bone or two shrouded in mystery which have nothing to do with actual happenings behind the scenes. So yes and no…..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Damascus MD
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    The general manager and owners meetings will take place next week in Orlando, Fla.

    November 11-13. GM/Owners Meetings, Orlando, Fla.


    Do you expect any Orioles news to be discussed?
    What's that saying about "past behavior as an indicator of future performance"? No one does.... but wouldn't it be nice if something did actually happened to excite us Os fans?

  8. #8
    LookinUp's Avatar
    LookinUp is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bubble
    Posts
    8,563
    In each of the last two offseasons, it felt like DD had much higher expectations going into winter meetings (post Thanksgiving) than he was able to pull off.

    I'd be pretty shocked if there's big news about the O's in these meetings, but I wouldn't be shocked if the real substantive rumors, and maybe a move or two, start percolating next week.

  9. #9
    clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16,823
    Quote Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
    In each of the last two offseasons, it felt like DD had much higher expectations going into winter meetings (post Thanksgiving) than he was able to pull off.

    I'd be pretty shocked if there's big news about the O's in these meetings, but I wouldn't be shocked if the real substantive rumors, and maybe a move or two, start percolating next week.


    AM approves of this terminology. Carry on...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hung on for the ride.
    Posts
    52,867

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    18,280
    We won't hear any Orioles news of note. If Duquette is asked to comment it will be along the lines of "doing due diligence and laying the groundwork for future discussions..."

  12. #12
    Dipper9's Avatar
    Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Section 336
    Posts
    20,268
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
    We won't hear any Orioles news of note. If Duquette is asked to comment it will be along the lines of "doing due diligence and laying the groundwork for future discussions..."
    "...but our budget is set and thus we won't be spending a lot of money on big name free agents on the market..."

    And then Buck will be reached for comment to add. "I LIKE our guys. No disrespect to other players around the league, but we like our guys in the system and will give them the chance to show us what they've got."

    And just for kicks, we'll get the occasional JTrea post, "Orioles rumored to be trading for Albert Pujols."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    18,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    And just for kicks, we'll get the occasional JTrea post, "Orioles rumored to be trading for Albert Pujols."
    ..but not on this board.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hung on for the ride.
    Posts
    52,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    "...but our budget is set and thus we won't be spending a lot of money on big name free agents on the market..."

    And then Buck will be reached for comment to add. "I LIKE our guys. No disrespect to other players around the league, but we like our guys in the system and will give them the chance to show us what they've got."

    And just for kicks, we'll get the occasional JTrea post, "Orioles rumored to be trading for Albert Pujols."
    "We have to do a better job with our developmental program. But we've made some strides. We have some young pitchers on the horizon, but again, if you're going to be in the playoffs and you're going to compete, you're going to need some solid dependable starting pitcher, and I would say a pitcher who starts 30 games and gives 200 innings, that's terrific. Tillman should be commended, but our goal would be to develop four pitchers like that."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hung on for the ride.
    Posts
    52,867
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
    ..but not on this board.


    The sound of one hand clapping.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

OriolesHangout.com is an unofficial site and not associated with the Baltimore Orioles and part of Hangout Ventures LLC. Copyright ©2013 | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us