Face it Folks - The Detroit Tigers Are Simply a Much Superior Team to the Orioles

Old#5fan

I just see this series sweep at OPACY no less, a clear cut case of onte team showing their clear superiority over another. The Tigers have superior strarting pitching, a superior closer (heck the Orioles have no closer other than a pseudo one in Hunter) and they have a superior offense. They also can play small ball with speed. I truly see no weakness in that team.

The only area the O's can probalbly beat them in ins defense but other than that, they really are not anywhere near the class of that team from Motown. To get embarrassed at home is what makes this so much more painful IMO, but it is what it is.

Better luck next year. Even if the Orioles make the playoffs somehow, they are clearly no match for Detroit. Really, not even close...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Orioles could at least be competitive with Oakland and not get easily swept at home.

Maybe, but they're both very well balanced teams. Glad we're not playing them again (other than maybe the playoffs of course).

Until the O's start hitting and stop using Hunter at closer they're not going to establish themselves as a very good team. At least so far being slightly above average may be good enough to win the division. Hopefully, Buck stops caring about the "save" rule so much and more about the win rule and the bats heat up and the O's can get rolling in a much weaker AL east.

The O's aren't close to the Tigers, they just have to be better than the Sox, aging Yankees, homer happy Jays and the for now injured (rotation) Rays.

Until the O's start hitting and stop using Hunter at closer they're not going to establish themselves as a very good team. At least so far being slightly above average may be good enough to win the division. Hopefully' date=' Buck stops caring about the "save" rule so much and more about the win rule and the bats heat up and the O's can get rolling in a much weaker AL east.

The O's aren't close to the Tigers, they just have to be better than the Sox, aging Yankees, homer happy Jays[b'] and the for now injured (rotation) Rays.[/b]

Looks like Cobb will be back pretty soon.

Until the O's start hitting and stop using Hunter at closer they're not going to establish themselves as a very good team. At least so far being slightly above average may be good enough to win the division. Hopefully' date=' Buck stops caring about the "save" rule so much and more about the win rule and the bats heat up and the O's can get rolling in a much weaker AL east.

The O's aren't close to the Tigers, they just have to be better than the Sox, aging Yankees, homer happy Jays and the for now injured (rotation) Rays.[/quote']

True, but that series was embarassingly bad. I cannot recall the Orioles looking so dominated in a series at home since they started playing well in 2012.

Ehh, we were 2 good plays from winning those last 2 games.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. It didn't happen. To be a great team you make the plays you need to make, get the hits you need to get, and pitch like you need to. The Orioles didn't do those things and the Tigers did, and in all three games. That sweep was no fluke. Anybody who thinks so is in denial.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. It didn't happen. To be a great team you make the plays you need to make, get the hits you need to get, and pitch like you need to. The Orioles didn't do those things and the Tigers did, and in all three games. That sweep was no fluke. Anybody who thinks so is in denial.

Obviously. I already agreed with you that the Detroit looks like a superior well rounded team, it just wasn't the "embarrasingly bad" drubbing you were making it out to be. More frustrating than anything else.

Obviously. I already agreed with you that the Detroit looks like a superior well rounded team, it just wasn't the "embarrasingly bad" drubbing you were making it out to be. More frustrating than anything else.

Look at the scores. It was a drubbing...

Archived