• 83 replies
    • 7.9k views
    • 98 replies
    • 9.8k views
    • 76 replies
    • 9.8k views
    • 78 replies
    • 9k views

• Right..if the Orioles can trade for Brenton Doyle (my favorite top target), why should we care that his salary is low? But someone like Bemore wins would still complain because the payroll isn’t where he thinks it should be.
    • From here https://www.mlb.com/orioles/stats/ops/regular-season
    • Where are you getting your stats from that's not correct looking at OPS.
    • On the O's this year, Martinez would have been: 5th in OPS 5th in AVG 6th in HRs in 120 games
    • I think PFF is grading Roquan badly because the safeties behind him are playing like ass and it's making him look bad.  If teams are going to attack him over the middle on crossing routes with WRs (like KC did with Rice) he doesn't really stand much of a chance if the safeties behind him don't throw him a bone.  He's still a huge help in the run game.   In general I think PFF assigns a little too much blame to linebackers on passes over the middle, so unless you're an elite coverage guy at LB it's really hard to grade well.  The flip side to this is that teams probably need to adjust their coverage areas to account for the fact that LBs aren't going to be able to hold down WRs for long.