2018 10th Rd (87) Dallas Litscher - RHS - St Katherine Col

4th Year SR. 

6' 8 250lbs DOB: 01/10/96

Luke's Take: Huge kid, not much info out there on this guy. I have no idea of his velocity. Stiff arm action, short circle. Has a curveball with solid depth, but is an early breaker and looks easy to pick up out of hand. Pretty good body control for a big dude, but at 22 years old already, I wouldn't expect much.

Dallas Litscher comes to the Pioneers averaging a very good 8.53 K/9 last year. While gaining a lot of attention from pro scouts because of his size, Litscher decided to come to UAV to further his baseball career and hopefully get to the next level. Dallas was a two time pitcher of the week at Glendale Community College. 

http://www.uavpioneers.com/article/354.php

31 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

So he's a project

He may just be a way to get an extra 135k or so in slot money to play around with, the Orioles have done well with Senior draftees, but realistically, these types are usually out of affiliated baseball in a couple years. Even a good org guy is icing on the cake.

16 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He may just be a way to get an extra 135k or so in slot money to play around with, the Orioles have done well with Senior draftees, but realistically, these types are usually out of affiliated baseball in a couple years. Even a good org guy is icing on the cake.

The thing is, nobody we have picked thus far looks like someone worth going way over slot value on.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

The thing is, nobody we have picked thus far looks like someone worth going way over slot value on.

I agree, no big overslot guys. The two HS arms could get some, as well as Knight. I think they'll use 500k of overslot on 11-40 if I had to guess.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, DirtyBird said:

"Going way over slot value" only happens when one or multiple prospects are paid "way under slot value".

The teams that have big additional $ for overslot signings are usually at the very top of the draft where bonuses approach $6+M and kids can be signed for less or teams that have a high draft pool due to multiple compensation round picks.  Again, $ for overslot signings only happens when someone signs for underslot.  

Otherwise, the current Os method of taking about six real prospects and four senior signs in the first ten rounds is about the best that can be done.  The senior signs can open up about $500+K in $ for overslot signings.

Archived