Rays sign damon and manny

Guest Hayden2004

Guest Hayden2004

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

#damon gets $5.25 mil from #rays plus 750 grand in attendance bonuses, manny gets $2 mil from rays. #doubleplay

Damon gets 5 mil +

Manny (Ramirez correct??) gets 2 million

This doesn't make sense to me. Manny is much more valuable than Damon. Are you talking about another Manny or what? Manny Ramirez at 2 million a year would be incredible.

Edit: Just looked it up and yes Manny Ramirez for 2 million. Wow, I would have loved that for the Orioles! One of the best sweet pure hitters in the league.

Damon gets 5 mil +

Manny (Ramirez correct??) gets 2 million

This doesn't make sense to me. Manny is much more valuable than Damon. Are you talking about another Manny or what? Manny Ramirez at 2 million a year would be incredible.

Maybe nobody wants Manny, that's why he took 2 million.

Maybe nobody wants Manny, that's why he took 2 million.

Yeah, I guess so. His attitude is downright awful but there is no question about his hitting skills. Perfect DH. Injury and attitude problems are the only downsides, if he doesn't have those then wow that is an incredible deal at 2 million. We'll see at the end of the year.

Yeah, I guess so. His attitude is downright awful but there is no question about his hitting skills. Perfect DH. Injury and attitude problems are the only downsides, if he doesn't have those then wow that is an incredible deal at 2 million. We'll see at the end of the year.

Check out his stats last year with the White Sox, plenty of questions about his hitting skills.

Does this change how you feel about maybe getting Vlad? I think the Orioles should pursue Vlad a bit harder now, but if the price gets too high, just walk away from it.

No. I still don't want him. Maybe, just maybe, if Pie or Scott can be flipped for a SP, but I'd still rather take my chances with Pie and Reimold in LF.

$2 million for Manny is a crazy good deal. He might not bounce back, and his head surely is never screwed on straight, but if he picks it up, my goodness what a deal for the Rays.

If we can get Vlad for $5 mil or less, we'd be crazy not do that.

How can anyone question Manny's hitting skills.... you want to point out last year which was obviously an "off" year yet he still hit .298. 9 HR and 42 RBIs in limited action.

That's worth more than 2 million right there! The rays got a great deal!

Archived