vs. White Sox 8/09

TheBorioles

That's what you got from my post? I never said that. Let me clear, as Baysoxfan says below, the refs call won't cost us this game.

The call could cost us this game. We don't know that. It was a crucial call in a close game while we had a good rally going. We would have had runners on second and third with one out, which is very different than a runner on second with 2 outs. We may have gotten at least one more run that inning, and we could be playing in at least a tie game now, instead of having the pressure of being down by one run late in the game. Your assertion that you know that the call won't cost us the game is completely conceited and without merit.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is our fix? I am so frustrated with this team. In the military I use to urge my soldiers to have pride and don't get their asses kicked. Go down fighting and standup and be a man. I am not sure it would work on the Orioles. They are on national TV and playing before thousands of fans and suck every night.

To be fair the US Army is like the Yankees. I'm pretty sure the military equivalent of the Orioles would be the Isle of Man.

4 scoreless innings. It wasn't garbage time, either. It was bordering on garbage time when he came in and we were down 4-0. But we came back to score 3 runs in the bottom of the 5th inning, and he continued to pitch 3 additional scoreless innings. Also, I thought that he struck out Lillibridge on the 3-2 curveball to start the ninth inning that was called a ball. Jakubauskas has been mostly bad this season, but I'm glad that he had a rare excellent night tonight.

JAKUBAUSKAS TONIGHT:

IP: 4

H: 2

R: 0

BB: 1

SO: 1

Pitches: 56 (34 Strikes, 22 Balls)

2011 ERA: 5.46

Archived