Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

ChaosLex

Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly...you think the Orioles players haven't gotten sick of all the "Let's Go Red Sox" chants they hear in Camden Yards year after year? I think the celebration was the opportunity they were waiting for...to shove all those chants back in their faces in a meaningful, unforgettable way. Get outta here...yes indeed.

I guess we are Relevant now...

The way some people are talking, it's as though any team not headed to the playoffs is not supposed to display any emotion at all. You are supposed to act like a robot, until you clinch a playoff spot, then you can whoop it up.

Like the rest of you, I am proud of the way this team handled played against the contenders this month. Sure, they have a long way to go, but they have been working really hard, and was happy to see them have some success in September.

So, I'm wondering - Does OH feel opinionated on this topic? I mean 14 pages and 300 votes later, I'm just not sure! ;)

This has been a great thread.

I think the 259 to 5 poll reflects how we feel as well! I think this thread will go down in the classic category as well. It's got everything including a Stotle/El Gordo in-fight. :D

I think the celebration sucked.

They should have ran on the field with beer and champagne. They should have brought Bucky Dent on the field and honored them.

They should have told Albers and Papi(2 players that taunted them a few months back), to go F themselves, over the loud speaker.

They should have ran on the field and mooned all the Boston fans.

They should have played the Mike and Mike parody song to Sweet Caroline(if you havent heard it, its pretty funny), over the loud speaker in between every inning.

This might be your greatest OH post. Ever. :D

In 2009, we were 2-16 against the pink hatters. We're 17-19 against them since. No celebration after beating them is over the top, EVAH. How in the h-e-double hockey sticks can anyone vote otherwise?

Pedroia. Youkilis. Ortiz. Papelbon. All punks. I would never root for any of them, even if they were in the black and orange.

What kind of Celebration do you think the Red Sox would have had on our field had they won?

I guess you don't see a difference between making the playoffs and knocking a team out of making the playoffs. I do. Winning with a walk off in dramatic form is worthy of a celebration, but not the same level of celebration as clinching the playoffs...and not at the level of wining a world series.

Exactly...you think the Orioles players haven't gotten sick of all the "Let's Go Red Sox" chants they hear in Camden Yards year after year? I think the celebration was the opportunity they were waiting for...to shove all those chants back in their faces in a meaningful, unforgettable way. Get outta here...yes indeed.

The best way to ger rid of those chants......go to the playoffs while the Sox sit at home.

I don't think I have ever enjoyed an OH thread more than this one......

The celebration should have been more......and I know playing "Sweet Caroline" after the game would have been "over the top" by our brass, but man......how perfectly appropriate that would have been......

I feel pretty good right now.....

Archived