Jon Knott joins Twins

Boy Howdy

Jon Knott is one of those guys who carves up the minor leagues, one team sees him, signs him to some sort of contract, but he then proceeds to suck the joint up in the majors. Gotta love those guys.

Oh boy...Jon Knott is a god around here. I can't really firgure it out either, but he is beloved in these parts.

Jon Knott is one of those guys who carves up the minor leagues, one team sees him, signs him to some sort of contract, but he then proceeds to suck the joint up in the majors. Gotta love those guys.

Jon Knott has never been given a chance in the majors. Where do you guys come up with this stuff? :confused: Are you in the O's front office or something?

He has had 31 at bats in the Major Leagues - yet you claim he sucks up the joint in the majors.

It always worries me when a smart team like the Twins picks up someone we dropped.

You mean the guys who cut David Ortiz? :)

Humor aside, I see your point. We've let Eric Byrnes, Gary Matthews, and Jack Cust go for nothing and among the three of them they've had the following seasons:

147 OPS+, 400 ABs

96 OPS+ with great defense, 562 ABs

104 OPS+ with great defense, 626 ABs

103 OPS+, 280 ABs

94 OPS+, 475 ABs

121 OPS+, 620 ABs

93 OPS+, 517 ABs

compare that to what we have gotten out of LF, CF, and DH in the past three years. Sad.

Oh boy...Jon Knott is a god around here. I can't really firgure it out either, but he is beloved in these parts.

Backup QB syndrome. The guy on the bench who hasn't proved anything is more popular than the starter who's stinking up the joint.

Anyway, I echo Frobby's post...

You know that the Twins will give him a fair shot...

Archived