John Hart the next O's GM?

Tony-OH

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard there was a team in D.C., I believe they are called the Nationals, they may be worth rooting for now. This is one of those final straw moments. As much as I've enjoyed being kicked in the groin repeatedly over the last 14 years, the thought of another member of the washed up GM club coming to Baltimore may be it. Being a fan of this team is the equivalent of having that cutting yourself fetish.

I heard there was a team in D.C., I believe they are called the Nationals, they may be worth rooting for now. This is one of those final straw moments. As much as I've enjoyed being kicked in the groin repeatedly over the last 14 years, the thought of another member of the washed up GM club coming to Baltimore may be it. Being a fan of this team is the equivalent of having that cutting yourself fetish.

Was Pat Gillick washed up with Toronto?

Cutters get a high from the cutting.

Feel free to support them. I for one think that their proximity certainly has not helped the fortunes of the team that I have always supported, the Baltimore Orioles.

Jon Hart is not Pat Gillick--no matter how much you want him to be.

It shocks me that you consider '96 and '97 as the halcyon days of the Orioles. That model of team building is unsustainable and and unambitious.

And we still had a homegrown ace. That some are saying was the equivalent of Jim Palmer. And we had a player arguably amongst the top 30 to ever play the game. Homegrown

Trea, I am going to type this slowly and use small words.

The game has changed.

You can not build a winning team in the AL East by overpaying free agents if you are not the Yankees.

A proper core of young talent must be developed.

You do realize Hart wants that same thing?

And the Orioles already have their core IMO. Now they just need to supplement it with premium talent and develop a succession plan.

You do realize Hart wants that same thing?

And the Orioles already have their core. Now they just need to supplement it with premium talent and bide time for their replacements.

Unless the young pitching suddenly clicks en masse they don't have the core. Roberts is old and injured, Nick is underperforming, Jones is about to get expensive. What core besides Wieters do you see?

They have no one that looks to be any help in the pipeline for '12 and it would be ambitious to assume any real help will be here in '13.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rp6-wG5LLqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same as the Old Boss?

Yeah, I feel stupid. With all of these interesting names being thrown around I honestly thought I would be happy however things unfolded. I was fooled again. This would be pure stupidity.

Unless the young pitching suddenly clicks en masse they don't have the core. Roberts is old and injured, Nick is underperforming, Jones is about to get expensive. What core besides Wieters do you see?

They have no one that looks to be any help in the pipeline for '12 and it would be ambitious to assume any real help will be here in '13.

Robbie Alomar. Cal Ripken. Mike Mussina. Yep. Three HOF'ers in their prime can make a run out of it. Not one. Not Two. Three.

Archived