John Hart the next O's GM?

Tony-OH

Wow, how disappointing would that be? Very - for me, at least.

IMO, the only silver lining out of a John Hart hiring would be if it were coupled with a Levine/LaCava/Dipoto hiring.

SG, yes, Graham and Hart have a history together with the Indians. Graham was a minor league manager in the Indians system and a major league coach with the Indians while Hart was running things.

Thank you...I thought that was the case.

This is all making too much sense.

Bring in someone that knows some of the guys surrounding him, thus he won't object to them.

No real change has to be made and "PAs boys" don't get demoted...they actually get promoted, despite the fact that they continue to blow at their jobs.

Just amazing.

Can you imagine running an organization like this? Hey you, I know there are a ton of guys out there that are superior to you and I know you have consistently been bad at your job, so instead of getting rid of you, we are going to promote you!!!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but the lost value of the Orioles on a exponential basis more than absorbs that. But at least John has a good paying job.

I respectfully disagree with this, but I don't have the energy in me to debate it. This piece of news temporarily drained the small glimmer of optimism I had left for this team.

I'm really hoping this Hart business is an October Fools joke.

Wow, how disappointing would that be? Very - for me, at least.

IMO, the only silver lining out of a John Hart hiring would be if it were coupled with a Levine/LaCava/Dipoto hiring.

SG, yes, Graham and Hart have a history together with the Indians. Graham was a minor league manager in the Indians system and a major league coach with the Indians while Hart was running things.

This is something would have to be a necessity for me to be cool with singing. But I'd caution against kneejerk reactions here, although I do recognize that Heyman Tweeted the same message in mid-September. We shall see. I, for one, like to make judgements when something has happened, not when it may or may not happen. I mean, discussions of the merit of such a move are well and good and can be fun, but let's not act as if the thing has happened.

If you never liked the hiring of Andy MacPhail, or felt that MacPhail was a retread GM that was from a by-gone era, I fail to see how you can defend this move. John Hart is nothing more than a retread, who failed on a far greater level in his last job than MacPhail did at his, and has been out of the GM role for almost a decade. Only the Orioles could do something like this. Only the Orioles, who have tried this approach in the past only to see it fail, could make the same mistake again, and again, and again. If John Hart is hired it is a tell-tale sign that the organization truly, and indisputably has learned absolutely nothing, and is committed to mediocrity, failure, and keeping itself in reverse forever. Even if the W-L record changes for the better, the approach is still so piss poor and awful that it won't matter, and it surely will not be sustained. Only the Orioles could, and likely will, do something so incomprehensibly stupid.

What do you hate?

Weams...you mentioned that Hart would have had some serious "concessions". Can you elaborate without being totally transparent?

Again, just a guy who asks questions and gets talked to. Don Olsen took a poll and said.

" no one thinks Hart is taking the Orioles job without major consessions that likely would not be met by ownership"

Archived