John Hart the next O's GM?

Tony-OH

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also hearing Graham as Director of minor league operations (pending on Hart) and John Stockstill will move into a bigger scouting role. Again, treat it as RUMINT but it does make some sense.

Stockstill as professional scouting director perhaps?

I'm with Johnny I want LaCava, I would be mad if we hire old *** Jon Hart. Lacava and DiPoto are definately my top 2, and if one them are not the hire I'll be disappointed.Same thing with the whole Cuddyer talk , why would we want a soon to be 33 year old at the top of our FA list??? He will not be cheap and will want atleast a 3 year deal, I'm good a big pass on him . We are better off spending the money on Edwin Jackson or Prince Fielder.

BTW I understand why people would be disappointed by Hart as he's not a "sexy" hire. But he's still relevant today and seems to have that same philosophy of having the best scouts and coaches.

What if he's another Gillick?

How is he relevant today? I don't get it.

How is he relevant today? I don't get it.
On what the Orioles must do to compete in the AL East: “It’s a matter of building a superior development program. I think Tampa Bay holds the secret over there as to what certain markets need to do. The Orioles are not nearly as economically challenged as Tampa. … The key for me is building the steady flow of talent. They need to draft well. They need to be a big player internationally. They have to have top-shelf scouts, a frontline development program … They have got to out-scout and out-coach and out-teach and not be afraid to jump in and take the best player available and compete with other teams when the dollars aren’t that big. … At some point, to sustain success, you have to retain your star players once you get them and … when the right free agent presents itself, if it all works out, you have to do it.”

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2011/03/john_hart_talks_orioles_showal_1.html

Sounds like somebody we'd want as GM...

I just vomited everywhere.

My hopes weren't high, but I was pleased with the names being interviewed. It seemed like a genuine step in the right direction.

But only the Orioles could walk out of interviews with LaCaba and Dipoto and think, "You know what? Let's hire John Hart!"

Hart ensures another decade of incompetence and losing. Our only hope is that John Angelos is like Irsay's son.

I would be disappointed in this hire, as well, unless there is something contingent about him coming here. For example, if Hart is President and someone else is the GM. So, if he were to run some business aspects (whatever that means) and Lacava, Dipoto, whomever ran trades, FA signings, etc. I'm not advocating a two-GM system, but if the GM focused solely on "baseball" aspects, I'd be okay with that.

Well...he sure says the right things. What will his marching orders be, though?

Why would he leave his job at MLB Network and the advisor spot he has with the Rangers if he wasn't going to be able to do what he wanted to do?

Hart doesn't have to take another GM job. It's not like he's unemployed like MacPhail was.

Archived