Mayday, May Day! Gamethread Orioles vs Yankees 5/1/2012

weams

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I think of Brian Matusz this year I can't help but think of Erik Bedard circa 2007. Bedard finished the year with a 3.16 ERA but people forget that he finished April with a 6.09 ERA and had a 4+ ERA until May 30th. I'm not gonna curse Matusz with such expectations...nor do I think his pure stuff is as good as Bedard's was then, but I do think that Matusz's April could be similarly misleading in this case.

And JJ Hardy homers.

When I think of Brian Matusz this year I can't help but think of Erik Bedard circa 2007. Bedard finished the year with a 3.16 ERA but people forget that he finished April with a 6.09 ERA and had a 4+ ERA until May 30th. I'm not gonna curse Matusz with such expectations...nor do I think his pure stuff is as good as Bedard's was then, but I do think that Matusz's April could be similarly misleading in this case.

And JJ Hardy homers.

OT: Can you imagine how good Bedard would have been if he had Matusz's change-up? Scary.

And JJ Hardy homers.

Bedard threw 95 from the left side and had a hook that ended up destroying his shoulder.

Archived