Dylan Bundy TONIGHT 5/14

xian4

NP. From what I have read his delivery is smooth and compact so I am guessing his TTTP is decent. I wouldn't be surprised if his ability to hold runners is rudimentary given the dearth of them over his career.

I am worried with the passed ball and the WP on a K Bundy's last start. Has Lino been catching him?

Delivery looks very compact and yes Lino is catching.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone says "No need to rush him." But at this point doesn't it seem silly to keep him in Delmarva? Start after start he's not just dominant, he's insanely dominant. Seems like he needs to pull a Harper and go to Double A. I don't think you can hurt this kids confidence much even if he struggles. He's clearly a very confident dude. We should challenge him.

I know everyone says "No need to rush him." But at this point doesn't it seem silly to keep him in Delmarva? Start after start he's not just dominant, he's insanely dominant. Seems like he needs to pull a Harper and go to Double A. I don't think you can hurt this kids confidence much even if he struggles. He's clearly a very confident dude. We should challenge him.

With 3ks today, I wonder if he was working on pitches tonight.

My guess is a lot of those guys are going up there with the goal of not striking out.

You are probably very right about this. I will tell you that this streak of Bundy's gives me tremendous respect for what Hershiser did. Simply amazing to throw 59 scoreless innings. So much can go wrong.

Saw him live tonight. He needs more time. Perhaps I saw him on a particularly "off" night, but it wasn't just farm guys trying not to strike out. He was definitely missing his spots. Admittedly, his stuff was way too advanced for even the older guys on the Lakewood squad, and definitely looked ML ready, but his command was not what I expected.

As far as "working on his pitches", I saw a steady diet of fastballs all night. Was sitting at 97 early on, and then dropped off to 94/95 from the third inning on. It didn't look like he was tired; rather he took his foot off the gas to stay in the zone (IMHO). I did spot an absolutely filthy breaking pitch.

A lot of the Lakewood hitters were swinging, he just didn't seem to miss their bats. The pitches they took were mainly balls, and it looked like the zone was pretty fair. Again, he just missed the zone quite a bit tonight.

Also, great TTTP ;)

Saw him live tonight. He needs more time. Perhaps I saw him on a particularly "off" night, but it wasn't just farm guys trying not to strike out. He was definitely missing his spots. Admittedly, his stuff was way too advanced for even the older guys on the Lakewood squad, and definitely looked ML ready, but his command was not what I expected.

As far as "working on his pitches", I saw a steady diet of fastballs all night. Was sitting at 97 early on, and then dropped off to 94/95 from the third inning on. It didn't look like he was tired; rather he took his foot off the gas to stay in the zone (IMHO). I did spot an absolutely filthy breaking pitch.

A lot of the Lakewood hitters were swinging, he just didn't seem to miss their bats. The pitches they took were mainly balls, and it looked like the zone was pretty fair. Again, he just missed the zone quite a bit tonight.

Also, great TTTP ;)

Was it raining?

Archived