Foxy Lady Armed Forces Day vs. DC...

scOtt

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yes! 200 mill payroll sure would make my $12  Mic Ultra taste better
    • First, Kids 2 and under are free no matter what.   Second, Kids 9 and under are free - you just have to get tickets in certain sections with a paid adult ticket.  Usually, they run about $17 per ticket.  So, a family of 4 going to the game would be $34.00.  Thats not that bad at all. The Orioles also do a lot of ticketing strategies / plans to make it affordable IF you do plan on attending 4+ games in a season.  Sometimes you just have to do it before the season starts. What I don't like - is that every year the concessions cost more $$$, the portions get smaller, and the parking fee's increase.  I remember back in 2014/2017 you could go get a pretzel for $5.00.  It was decent size and now of course - its like $7.50 and they changed the shape to a small "O"....  All of that is getting out of control.
    • I love Holliday’s talent. I truly do. But I am rooting for all of the players that don the Orange & Black. I don’t see a need to turn them into rivals or competitors. They are all representing or are going to represent the same franchise. Mayo is not a better 3B than Westburg. He just isn’t and it’s not all that close. But Mayo’s bat could help us at some point this year, especially given that he hits from the right side.  In your opinion, if Mayo were to come up and find success offensively right away (which is a rarity in the current game of baseball) but struggles defensively, (which is very possibility given his short comings at 3B) what would you do? Or what if he struggles offensively like so many of our prospects have done, then what do you do?  Last scenario, if he does great on both sides of the ball, what do you do with Holliday for the rest of this season and long term?
    • He’s an amazing talent.  Im Not doubting that. I’m just saying, let’s pump the brakes a little on him until we see him over a larger sample size.
    • Funny you say that AFTER the bullpen completely shut down the Yankees. They were dominant in the most important series so far and will only get better once Wells and Grayson come back. Irvin will be in the bullpen and possibly Means. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and I think the Orioles will continue to add games to their lead over the long haul - they are just better IMO.
    • I agree it is too early to put him over Witt and Henderson based on performance to date, but he merits keeping an eye on. Remember, that Witt had his struggles his first season as well.  Just looking at OPS+ as an indicator of offense, Witt went from 102 as a rookie to 118 in his 2nd full season and is 158 so far in 2024. Gunnar went from 126 in a brief 2022 to 125 as a rookie and is 165 so far in 2024. De La Cruz was at only 89 over 98 games last year, but is 171 over the early season. All 3 are in the top 10 for WAR this year, although admittedly it is still quite early in the year.
    • How far south of 104 MPH is your fastball? 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now