The condensed version of yesterday

Frobby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, Im wondering if the insiders were given some sort of gag order by their sources. It is very strange that we haven't heard anything from them since early last evening, not even something that says they will provide more info later.

I keep coming back to the fact that Bedard was supposedly contacted about a trade. I just can't imagine why that would happen if there wasn't something about to go down.

IMO the trade is going to happen.

If the deal really is dead, which I'm not yet ready to concede, you know they are going to take another unjustified bashing by some people...would you want to rush back to that?

I dont know. Tony says he vetted their sources and we should belive what they say. I think after last weeks problems they are unlikely to make things up anymore.

Either the trade died at the last minute because of the Japanese pitcher or some other reason. Praying it isnt Angelos.

"As long as we’re trying to separate fact from fiction, the Mariners do seem willing to part with prized outfield prospect Adam Jones in a deal for Erik Bedard. The Reds don’t seem willing to part with Jay Bruce. Advantage: Mariners."

Negotiating through the press!

Hopefully, we can flip Clement or keep him as a backup for 40 games and 1b/DH for 85 more if his bat can play in the bigs.

Seattle does not have what LA has, but they bring plenty to the table between Jones, Clement, Balentien, Morrow, Sherrill, Triunfel and Tillman. Obviously, there are combinations among those players that would be less exciting, but there's a lot of quality.

If the deal really is dead, which I'm not yet ready to concede, you know they are going to take another unjustified bashing by some people...would you want to rush back to that?

I won't be among the bashers. I think I have a good handle on the method they use to share information, as a snapshot at one particular moment. They also are only privvy to what their source says, and not to the myriad of factors that can change the landscape at any time.

or there never was a deal. No media has mentioned anything about anything, and at this point there's no reason to believe there ever was a deal with the Dodgers. After all, they'd been pursuing Kuroda for weeks now. It's not like this is some last minute thing that came up.

Pure speculation here, but if there was a deal on the table, or in place, or whatever last night, my gut says that that deal is not dead.

The longer the silence goes from the insiders, the better the chance that it is because of a deal is being worked out. If the deal was dead, that would probably already be known, and if so, likely posted by one of them.

I will be honest with you. I was always kind of hoping we dealt with the Mariners or The Reds anyway. I like Adam Jones (would love for Balentien and Triunfel to be the other 2 players) a lot and IMO he will be the best player out of any of these deals. I also really like the combo of Votto and Bailey (and I really hope Stubbs as the 3rd player) as the best package. I am not too down if the Dodger deal is not completed because I think we still will get some good players for Bedard. I just wish something would get done soon.

I wish we would hear something from our insiders too.

Pure speculation here, but if there was a deal on the table, or in place, or whatever last night, my gut says that that deal is not dead.

The longer the silence goes from the insiders, the better the chance that it is because of a deal is being worked out. If the deal was dead, that would probably already be known, and if so, likely posted by one of them.

I have a hunch the Dodgers are talking with Bedard about an extension, and that the pieces that come to the O's are contingent on whether he extends or not.

On the other hand, isn't Peace's source somebody with the firm that represents EB?

Naw, I don't think so.

I just wonder why they haven't posted today though. I think more people will question that than anything else.

Oh well, no big deal either way. No bashing. It's just baseball. Life goes on.

Normally I am a staunch supporter of the insiders, and trust me, I understand 150% that things can change at the drop of a hat, but that said, the insiders last night all made it sound like a deal was imminant BEFORE the eveing was over, they told us that medical records were exchanged, AND they told us Bedard was contacted about the trade. Those are three really big facts that they put out there, and they were a lot stronger than "take this for what its worth" or "take this with a grain of salt." I still hope something happens, and I think the stuff the isiders told us will come true, but if it doesn't, you cannot blame people for being a little upset after the info the insiders provided last night.

If this RUMOR falls apart? We have no idea what is going on and AM can't make the Dodgers trade with him either way. Why do we always have to blame somebody?

I retract the word "blame" from my statement!

I guess what I was trying to ask was, assuming this rumor is true, and the deal has broken down, what is the most likely reason? I'm far from an expert, but the Bedard trade seems like a wholly different animal from the Kuroda signing -- I don't see how one "replaces" the other.

Ugh, I need more coffee...

...keeping fingers crossed...tough to type quickly...

I have a hunch the Dodgers are talking with Bedard about an extension, and that the pieces that come to the O's are contingent on whether he extends or not.

On the other hand, isn't Peace's source somebody with the firm that represents EB?

I don't think that would hold up the deal, its not like he is a FA after 2008. They have plenty of time to talk/sign him to an extension.

Normally I am a staunch supporter of the insiders, and trust me, I understand 150% that things can change at the drop of a hat, but that said, the insiders last night all made it sound like a deal was imminant BEFORE the eveing was over, they told us that medical records were exchanged, AND they told us Bedard was contacted about the trade. Those are three really big facts that they put out there, and they were a lot stronger than "take this for what its worth" or "take this with a grain of salt." I still hope something happens, and I think the stuff the isiders told us will come true, but if it doesn't, you cannot blame people for being a little upset after the info the insiders provided last night.

Peace said if all the stars align something will happen therefore people have no reason to be mad it hasnt happened yet..

Archived