Mark Reynolds just put the umpires on blast. More to come

Greg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am willing to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon if you can come up with a reason they would be doing it intentionally.

Maybe because the O's arent fading like most thought, and Detroit and Angels arent picking it up like everyone thought. MLB doesnt want Omar Quentinilla and Nate McClouth in the postseason. They want Pujols, Fielder, Trout, and Cabrera. They dont want Miguel Gonzalez and Wei Yin Chen. They want Weaver, Verlander, Wilson, and Grienke. Its all about the ratings. They wont have Ny and Bis, and they cant afford the O's to be in it. I have no proof of any of this ;)

Maybe because the O's arent fading like most thought, and Detroit and Angels arent picking it up like everyone thought. MLB doesnt want Omar Quentinilla and Nate McClouth in the postseason. They want Pujols, Fielder, Trout, and Cabrera. They dont want Miguel Gonzalez and Wei Yin Chen. They want Weaver, Verlander, Wilson, and Grienke. Its all about the ratings. They wont have Ny and Bis, and they cant afford the O's to be in it. I have no proof of any of this ;)

And yet the Rays keep making it in...

And yet the Rays keep making it in...

Tongue and cheek post..thought the wink gave that away. But, the Rays are the darlings. The underdogs that keeps defying the odds. That makes for good ratings. The O's havent been getting that kind of publicity. Besides, their game 1 starter would be David Price..ours probably Chen. Whos the household name?

Tongue and cheek post..thought the wink gave that away. But, the Rays are the darlings. The underdogs that keeps defying the odds. That makes for good ratings. The O's havent been getting that kind of publicity. Besides, their game 1 starter would be David Price..ours probably Chen. Whos the household name?

I know you were not making a serious accusation, I just tossed the Rays out there in case someone reading it was taking you seriously.

I think "the luckiest team in MLB history" making the playoffs would be a good story myself. You also have the DD redemption angle and the Buck angle.

They could do worse then Baltimore.

I know you were not making a serious accusation, I just tossed the Rays out there in case someone reading it was taking you seriously.

I think "the luckiest team in MLB history" making the playoffs would be a good story myself. You also have the DD redemption angle and the Buck angle.

They could do worse then Baltimore.

I agree, the Orioles would be a great story. I just dont think mlb is that interested in it. As for the umps, seems theyve had it in for us since the Alomar spitting incident. Not saying theyre holding a grudge, but it is a circle of mediocracy, so who knows.

And how cool would it be for the Orioles, with DD as gm, to win the world series, in the same year the red sox ship sunk?

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

After the O's last night I switched over to MLB Tonight, and they cut into the Nats game. Harper grounded into a double play, threw his helmet down as he passed first base on a full sprint, and the ump rang him up! Tossed him. This was even LESS of an issue than Reynolds throwing his glove down, and the ump tossed him. Its REALLY getting crazy! The umps need accountability. Harper had two homers in the game, and the Nats were up 4 in the 8th, but still, there's no telling what losing Harper may have done to the game. These umpires are figgin terrible!

Bump.

After the O's last night I switched over to MLB Tonight, and they cut into the Nats game. Harper grounded into a double play, threw his helmet down as he passed first base on a full sprint, and the ump rang him up! Tossed him. This was even LESS of an issue than Reynolds throwing his glove down, and the ump tossed him. Its REALLY getting crazy! The umps need accountability. Harper had two homers in the game, and the Nats were up 4 in the 8th, but still, there's no telling what losing Harper may have done to the game. These umpires are figgin terrible!

CB Bucknor.

Buckner, Laz D. Ass, Country Joe, Balkin Bob, Angel of Squeeze, Angel of Compost. Crapapozzo. Names we should not know. :angryfire::cussing:

Somewhere along the way, umps got it in their thick skulls that fans pay to see them.

I was watching highlights of the Angels game, and the 1b umpire walked almost the hole way to home to argue with Pujols. That was after the 1b umpire made the call that Pujols foul tipped the ball into the catchers glove apparently.

Somewhere along the way, umps got it in their thick skulls that fans pay to see them.

I was watching highlights of the Angels game, and the 1b umpire walked almost the hole way to home to argue with Pujols. That was after the 1b umpire made the call that Pujols foul tipped the ball into the catchers glove apparently.

I think it was the Naked Gun. I'm only half joking.

These are professional players. They should not be throwing their gloves and helmets around. Kids are watching. This is the national pastime. Do you want to see kids throwing gloves and helmets around in little league.

Accountability. I am glad the umpires are doing this. No excuse for these things to happen. Be a role model.

Archived