ALDS Game 2: Yankees @ Orioles "Singing in the Rain Part Deux"

Dipper9

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I thought on first glance, too, but he wasn't out of the baseline. It was a perfect relay from Andino and Wieters for some reason fell to his knees leaving him totally exposed to Ichiro to do what he did. There was no reason for it, all he had to do was tag him out. He anticipated him sliding and he didn't.

Heres the rule: From section 7, the runner, the baserunner is out when) (1) He runs more than three feet away from his baseline to avoid being tagged unless his action is to avoid interference with a fielder fielding a batted ball. A runner’s baseline is established when the tag attempt occurs and is a straight line from the runner to the base he is attempting to reach safely.

By that, he was out of the baseline from the way he circled WAY around the plate after dodging the tag. That's way more than 3 feet.

Apparently, that far. It's why I'm not upset at Matt missing the tag, if you allow the runner to go that far out of the baseline to avoid a tag, EVERYONE can dodge a tag.

Honestly, I didn't think he was that far out of the base path. It was close but that call is almost never called at the plate. Wieters just made a poor judgement call on where to make the catch.

God I miss Thorne, Palmer, and even Dempsey! Did any of those three guys even acknowledge what a great play Andino made? No. Cal immediately calls it a 'trap' like a anti-Oriole Yankee loving homer. It was a great play! Even the guys on YES would have acknowledged it. And what's with all the Chen bashing? Thy guy threw 190 innings of mostly very good baseball and these clowns can only bash him for throwing too many fast balls. This is maddening. Cal. I thought I would never say this, but you suck.

Apparently, that far. It's why I'm not upset at Matt missing the tag, if you allow the runner to go that far out of the baseline to avoid a tag, EVERYONE can dodge a tag.

Yeah I really don't get it. If that isn't running out of the baseline then I don't know what is. He might as well have used the umpire as a pick or just ran towards the backstop and back to the plate.

I never thought id change the cjannel of an orioles playoff game to a football game with 2 teams i dont care about. I cant stand watching this pathetically undesciplined offense go up against the most disciplined offense in the sport. Its embarassing

Archived