Camden Yards reached 121 decibels

isestrex

Went to the game on Sunday, and the guy in front of my couldn't handle my cheering. Granted, I'm sure I was obnoxious, but I had a little girl sitting right next to me so I made sure that none of my cheering was inappropriate or in poor taste - all supportive of our team, just LOUD.

He asked me to cheer "above" his head, and then asked me to cheer to "the side" :bangwall:

Basically, I said that the last time I had the opportunity to go to a playoff game, I was 11 years old and I'll cheer as loud as I damn well please :thumbsup1:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in section 260 last night.....I don't remember it being that loud even during the 90's-2000's attendance hey-days......it was awesome!

BUT, what I enjoyed even more was it seemed that nobody wanted to leave! When we finally started walking down the ramp , it was electric! Fans were chanting "lets go O's" and "Yankees SUCK" and it was LOUD! .... this was 10-15 minutes after the game!

I can't ever remember having that feeling of not wanting to leave.....congrats O's fans! That moment will linger in my memory forever.....

Anyone think the Ravens success has a lot to do with the increased volume at Orioles Park? Baltimore fans are used to playoff success and know how to build a crazy playoff atmosphere from football.

It also could have a lot to do with the rain delays before both games allowing people to get even more drunk.

Anyone think the Ravens success has a lot to do with the increased volume at Orioles Park? Baltimore fans are used to playoff success and know how to build a crazy playoff atmosphere from football.

I agree with this. Because of the Ravens, we know how to get loud, show our team that the city's behind them, and give the opponent a hostile environment. We just haven't had the chance to do it at the yard before this year.

It also could have a lot to do with the rain delays before both games allowing people to get even more drunk.

Could be. Memorial Stadium used to get wild, but then again, this was back in the Colt days, after the Colts left the Orioles didn't have as much success there, and definitely not in the postseason. And then for the majority of the 90s there wasn't football and the initial crowds at Camden Yards were on the muted side. Late 90s come, so does a new football team, but pretty much at the same time the baseball team goes in to decline until now. So as the football team got itself a culture (and a stadium that was right across the street) the baseball team started losing attendance and wasn't giving the fans much to yell about. Now they've come together again.

I was in section 260 last night.....I don't remember it being that loud even during the 90's-2000's attendance hey-days......it was awesome!

BUT, what I enjoyed even more was it seemed that nobody wanted to leave! When we finally started walking down the ramp , it was electric! Fans were chanting "lets go O's" and "Yankees SUCK" and it was LOUD! .... this was 10-15 minutes after the game!

I can't ever remember having that feeling of not wanting to leave.....congrats O's fans! That moment will linger in my memory forever.....

I very much felt it. As I was walking out, I was thinking to myself, please let me be back here next week!

After a game like that, your really need to stay and savor it for a few minutes. Moments like that don't come around every day.

I very much felt it. As I was walking out, I was thinking to myself, please let me be back here next week!

After a game like that, your really need to stay and savor it for a few minutes. Moments like that don't come around every day.

If we are lucky every 15 yrs! ;0)

Went to the game on Sunday, and the guy in front of my couldn't handle my cheering. Granted, I'm sure I was obnoxious, but I had a little girl sitting right next to me so I made sure that none of my cheering was inappropriate or in poor taste - all supportive of our team, just LOUD.

He asked me to cheer "above" his head, and then asked me to cheer to "the side" :bangwall:

Basically, I said that the last time I had the opportunity to go to a playoff game, I was 11 years old and I'll cheer as loud as I damn well please :thumbsup1:

I was sitting in section 80 last night and the lady behind us would not stop talking about how everyone was standing. Then the group behind here starting complaining. The guy next to me responded perfectly with "You can stand too" and we all kept cheering.

I mean really? You come to a playoff game and complain about standing and cheering?

I was sitting in section 80 last night and the lady behind us would not stop talking about how everyone was standing. Then the group behind here starting complaining. The guy next to me responded perfectly with "You can stand too" and we all kept cheering.

I mean really? You come to a playoff game and complain about standing and cheering?

Only people that get to are the people that are physically incapable of standing.

Only people that get to are the people that are physically incapable of standing.

I agree but that was not the case here.

Overall, an absolutely amazing experience. I've been to a ton of sporting events and nothing compares. Loudest stadium I have ever heard by far. It was like the opening kick off of the Ravens/Texans game...but for the entire game.

Only "issue" I had was with people who were definitely not used to coming to a packed sporting event. Complaining about parking garage after the game, crowds, bathroom lines, etc etc.

As a Denver Bronco fan (I know... I know... Elway sucks! lol!) I absolutely think so! M&T Bank is such an intimidating place for your team to play if you're a fan of the visiting team. Admittedly, a great deal of that has to do with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and countless other rugged defensive players the Ravens have had through the years as well as the black and purple colors, winning tradition, etc. Nevertheless, for years I've looked at the "enviroment" Raven fans are able to create and wished to God it could somehow spill over across the street to OPACY. To me that's a big part of what happened the last few days (as well as countless dormant and dispirited O's fans "gettin' their orange on" and letting a decade-and-a-half of frustration boil over). Whatever it was... it was awesome...

Guest baltimore34

I'm so darn jealous. I wanted to go to either game so bad, but i'm so darn broke. I'm 39 years old and i felt like a kid again watching these games. For the record i am a life long fan, and i usually rock an Oriole hat where ever i go even during football season since i was a kid.

I agree but that was not the case here.

Overall, an absolutely amazing experience. I've been to a ton of sporting events and nothing compares. Loudest stadium I have ever heard by far. It was like the opening kick off of the Ravens/Texans game...but for the entire game.

Only "issue" I had was with people who were definitely not used to coming to a packed sporting event. Complaining about parking garage after the game, crowds, bathroom lines, etc etc.

I'll take that any day over having no one in the stadium.

Archived