Gold Glove announcement tonight...scouts perspective ( Update - All 3 Orioles win)

Annie

True but watching Jones's game for a Centerfielder he has holes. Sure nice award but I would be lying if i didn't say watching him on D I didn't get nervous.

In some previous years, I would agree with you. But not this year. I thought Jones really stepped up his defensive game in 2012, metrics be damned.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice rant, especially when I wasn't referring to you. I very clearly said "some people" and you even bolded it, so I assume you read it.

When people just bad-mouth Adam about "blowing bubbles" and "trying to look cool", I know what they're insinuating. Do you?

No, but I know what you think you know. And I cordially but firmly invite you not to tell me (or other people) what they're thinking or insinuating. If a player is blowing a bubble and drops a fly ball, they're going to hear about it. End of story.

And, of course, awesome day for the O's. I don't really buy it re: Jones, but I'm still happy. This is the flip side of more deserving O's candidates losing out in the past, so we should enjoy it without guilt. Wieters and Jones are quickly assembling a nice little collection of awards.

No, I don't think that's what he had in mind.

It doesn't apply to EVERYONE who feels Adam has limitations. It applies to "some people," as I clearly stated. There's a new poster who started a thread last week and was in the red very, very quickly due to the things he/she was saying about Jones.

Anyway, it's a dumb topic that I'm doing a poor job of articulating. I'm sure all of us would agree that what that poster was saying was over the line. That was who I was referring to as "some people." I should know better than to leave that open to interpretation.

Back on topic, I thought Jones played a very good CF in 2012 after a few below average years in 2010 and 2011.

I felt he was very good in center this year...just not Trout good. Like you, I also don't understand some of the Jones hate around here. Some people are clearly projecting prejudices onto him.

I wouldn't read into anything, I love his hustle and the fact that taken on becoming one of the leaders of this team. I just don't think his defense is superior.

It doesn't apply to EVERYONE who feels Adam has limitations. It applies to "some people," as I clearly stated. There's a new poster who started a thread last week and was in the red very, very quickly due to the things he/she was saying about Jones.

Anyway, it's a dumb topic that I'm doing a poor job of articulating what I believe is a shared point of view by just about all of us (at least it was in that thread). I thought Jones played a very good CF in 2012 after a few below average years in 2010 and 2011.

Ehh, I'm not much for generalities of this nature. They are pretty blatant logical fallacies as far as I'm concerned. They do little to advance any dialogue, adress issues or resolve problems imo. If you have something on somebody then call them out directly and make your specific point(s).

Continuing with my theme of being on topic, these awards will cost the O's $100k (75k for Hardy and 25k for Jones).

Several players were rewarded for their wins.

Beltre received a $100,000 bonus and Hardy got $75,000, Gordon, LaRoche, Molina, Peavy and Rollins each added $50,000; Gonzalez, Jones and McCutchen $25,000 apiece.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8574862/gold-glove-awards-baltimore-orioles-win-3-mike-trout-los-angeles-angels-snubbed

I guess that means we can put to bed any thoughts of spending on Josh Hamilton. Darn it! Off topic again.

Archived