Orioles have acquired INF Yamaico Navarro from the Pittsburgh Pirates

Greg

Quintinilla is the definition of the guy who's always available. In fact, if we need him this year, I bet he could be signed/acquired for cash.

Meanwhile, this guy fits right into the upper levels of our minors (deep depth) and doesn't take a spot on the 40, right?

He take a spot on of th 40 man roster. However, he has an option which mean he can come up to the O's and down to Norfolk many times next year without being waivered. Q had to be waivered to move him. Navarro is also younger at 25.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take a look at the numbers at the stat site of your choice. I don't think terrible is strong at all. He had a brief stretch of success as a closer, but it didn't last long.

Fair enough, but I responded to his OP which was in regards to players moving on and then having success after leaving. It's fair to say he pitched successfully last year.

Pomeranz was non-tendered and is now a FA. He can sign anywhere. Which should be a pretty strong indication that he is still having injury issues.

No, Pomeranz was designated for assignment. Which means if he passes through waivers then we'll be able to keep him in the minor leagues without a 40 man roster spot. He isn't a free agent.

But yeah, I suspect he's still having injury problems.

No, Pomeranz was designated for assignment. Which means if he passes through waivers then we'll be able to keep him in the minor leagues without a 40 man roster spot. He isn't a free agent.

But yeah, I suspect he's still having injury problems.

No, this is incorrect. From the official Orioles twitter feed:

@Orioles

INFs Mark Reynolds & Omar Quintanilla, and RHP Stu Pomeranz will not be tendered contracts by the Orioles and will become free agents.

No, this is incorrect. From the official Orioles twitter feed:

@Orioles

INFs Mark Reynolds & Omar Quintanilla, and RHP Stu Pomeranz will not be tendered contracts by the Orioles and will become free agents.

The Orioles official twitter feed must be mistaken. Pomeranz has 0.150 years of ML service. Not even close to arbitration eligible.

Baltimore Sun explains it best.

To make room for Navarro, the Orioles designated right-handed reliever Stu Pomeranz, who pitched well in his brief stint for the Orioles before being sidelined with oblique and back injuries, for assignment.

Later in the night, the Orioles declined to tender Pomeranz a contract, making him a free agent.

To make room for Navarro, the Orioles designated right-handed reliever Stu Pomeranz, who pitched well in his brief stint for the Orioles before being sidelined with oblique and back injuries, for assignment.

Later in the night, the Orioles declined to tender Pomeranz a contract, making him a free agent.

You are correct.

Archived