Bedard unlikely to be traded by opener

wildcard

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could be patient if I was hearing that we weren't making deals because we aren't getting good enough packages. But the packages are good, and we are just being unreasonable. Therefore I have no patience with unreasonable people.

Trades should have been made yesterday so we can get on with fixing the other things. Instead we are waiting on these two trades of Roberts and Bedard and doing nothing else in the meantime.

These are the funniest back to back sentences I have ever read in my entire adult life. :D:D:D

So much for AM building for the future. He has said he was rebuilding this team in other articles. Looks like more pain and agony lie ahead for us. Sorry to be pessimistic, but that's how I feel.

I can deal with the kind of pain and agony this club is going to cause us as long as Bedard takes the mound every 5th day.

Thank you

I see some in full freak out mode. One in particular has just been embarassing himself over and over again in virtually every thread for days now. Of course, he did the same thing during the Wieters negotiations too and, apparently, he didn't learn anything from it.

Erik Bedard is one mechanical flaw from a 5.00 to 6.00 ERA.

Erik Bedard is one mechanical flaw from a 5.00 to 6.00 ERA.

LOL..This is absurd but JTrea does raise a few good points:

1) How do Kranitz and Bedard gel?

2) Will Bedard stay healthy?

3) If Bedard does get a mechanical flaw and it hurts him for a month or so, how much can he recover by July to make his stats look good?

Now, don't get me wrong, if Bedard stays healthy, i fully expect him to be one of the best in the game but all of that stuff just goes under the same umbrella. It just adds to the risk factor of keeping him.

LOL..This is absurd but JTrea does raise a few good points:

1) How do Kranitz and Bedard gel?

2) Will Bedard stay healthy?

3) If Bedard does get a mechanical flaw and it hurts him for a month or so, how much can he recover by July to make his stats look good?

Now, don't get me wrong, if Bedard stays healthy, i fully expect him to be one of the best in the game but all of that stuff just goes under the same umbrella. It just adds to the risk factor of keeping him.

I will still lay 5 to 1 odds that he is gone before spring training ... however, if he isn't I just don't see a mechanical flaw that will make him just suck. He is too good at this point. Two years ago when he flat sucked, was that a mechanical flaw or lack of confidence? I would be interested in your take on that.

As for an injury. He hurt his knee and his oblique, so durability is an issue. I don't see an arm injury in his future as careful about his workload as he is.

Thank you

I see some in full freak out mode. One in particular has just been embarassing himself over and over again in virtually every thread for days now. Of course, he did the same thing during the Wieters negotiations too and, apparently, he didn't learn anything from it.

It's called venting frustration at the inactivity of the FO. I guess my expectations of the FO were unrealistic, but based on the inside information and what I've read in the media, it seemed like we were going to be very active this offseason. And now two months have gone by and we've traded Tejada, but done little else except talk. Meanwhile a bunch of low risk moves could have been made or minor league signings, the little moves, that help out your team in the long run. We haven't done any of these either. It seems the team has been overly occupied with Roberts and Bedard and little else. And basically there is only a month and a half left to do this stuff before pitcher and catchers report. So yes there is reason to panic.

However if we are hyperactive in January, we will be fine. So I expect the afterburners to kick in starting January 2nd, otherwise we will have wasted a golden opportunity to rebuild this club.

I will still lay 5 to 1 odds that he is gone before spring training ... however, if he isn't I just don't see a mechanical flaw that will make him just suck. He is too good at this point. Two years ago when he flat sucked, was that a mechanical flaw or lack of confidence? I would be interested in your take on that.

As for an injury. He hurt his knee and his oblique, so durability is an issue. I don't see an arm injury in his future as careful about his workload as he is.

I do worry about an arm injury...He throws a lot of curve balls and that could hurt him.

And, as VaTech has pointed out, he has a lot of torque in his hips and back and that has a potential injury issue as well.

I am not saying it will happen but the risk is there and it can't be denied.

I also tend to think if he is here by OD that he will be here the final 2 years of his deal(chaos lex is the first to mention this and I agree with him).

I do worry about an arm injury...He throws a lot of curve balls and that could hurt him.

And, as VaTech has pointed out, he has a lot of torque in his hips and back and that has a potential injury issue as well.

I am not saying it will happen but the risk is there and it can't be denied.

I also tend to think if he is here by OD that he will be here the final 2 years of his deal(chaos lex is the first to mention this and I agree with him).

I guess I have bigger things to worry about than an arm injury that may or may not happen. Don't worry about things you can't control. I am more worried about why my best shooter won't shoot and instead likes to pass to his teammates who can't shoot. I am trying to control that, but to no avail.

I guess I have bigger things to worry about than an arm injury that may or may not happen. Don't worry about things you can't control. I am more worried about why my best shooter won't shoot and instead likes to pass to his teammates who can't shoot. I am trying to control that, but to no avail.

If you are talking the Terps, i have a question...Do you actually have someone who can shoot? :D

Archived