FSU(9-5) @ Maryland(13-1)

Munson

I hope I'm not the only one on this board who thought Allen got hacked and hacked bad on that last second FG attempt. It was one of the worst non-calls I've seen in recent years

You mean the 3 he took to win the game? I don't remember seeing a foul there and I was 15 feet away. But, regardless if he was fouled or not, that is not a shot he should have been shooting. A foul is rarely going to be called in that situation unless it's malicious.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have only watched two Terp games this year and they were both losses.

They looked ugly out there. Cant really expect much from that crew this year.

I think you can expect plenty, but you clearly caught two games where they were sloppy and looking a lot like the young, inexperienced team that they are. Turnovers have consistently been a problem, as well as having a go-to person on offense when things get tough.

The key for this team is, in the ACC, will the tough, sloppy off-nights be the rule, or the exception? I think they're talented enough that they'll be the exception, but we'll see.

You mean the 3 he took to win the game? I don't remember seeing a foul there and I was 15 feet away. But, regardless if he was fouled or not, that is not a shot he should have been shooting. A foul is rarely going to be called in that situation unless it's malicious.

Agreed. It would have been a bail out call by the ref, and FSU fans (rightfully) would have been livid. It was out of control, and completely discombobulated... from the beginning of the possession (after Snaer's 2nd FT was successful), until the shot. You could tell he wasn't sure what to do there with just 8 seconds left. Remember, a 2 would have tied it, but his inability to really think clearly and formulate a quick plan on the fly forced him into just trying a wild three. He's a freshman though, it'll happen.

Tony alluded to it though, they need to work on a "last second" play, so to speak, because both opportunities we've had have gone abysmally thus far.

Daniel - What's the buzz like on campus right now?

Daniel - What's the buzz like on campus right now?

The buzz is much much greater than I expected. I'm a senior now so I've seen some pretty lean years (though my freshman year was Greivis' senior year... I'll never forget any of that. Magical.) I mean, the wall for the FSU game was almost completely full of students during break, on a Wednesday night, against a non-marquee ACC opponent. a lot of people are talking about the team and a lot of people are excited about them. The general student knowledge of the team seems to be a significant amount higher than it has been in past years. Though, that could be because I rarely come in contact with freshman anymore, so most of the people I know have had some time to learn if they didn't know before coming. Either way, people are into it. It's definitely not at a fever pitch like it could be if the team was top 15, but they're definitely not forgotten either. If this team gets ranked and wins a bunch of games in the ACC, there are definitely going to be some insane nights at Comcast late in the season. I could see the ticket lottery actually mattering for a game not against Duke and that hasn't happened since my freshman year.

Archived