Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

This would of made more sense before the day off but guess we'll see how it works out.

Yeah but we had a lefty going on Sunday so you don't want to play Flahery there and he is the only back up firstbaseman we have. If Pearce was back it would most likely happend but with Ryan the only option you wanted Hoes right handed bat in their.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate how Buck's treating the 2B situation. Why on Earth are we trotting out *3* spots for 2B? It gives us less flexibility, and it hurts the team more since it's less likely Flaherty will play. Send him down to the minors so he can play every day. And we wonder why hitters struggle? We screwed the pooch with Gausman this year. Doing it w/ Flaherty.

Lucas Harrell has a 5.17 E.R.A., a 1.661 W.H.I.P., and he leads the league in walks, with 62 (60 walks, plus 2 intentional walks.)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/harrelu01.shtml

He also went 7 strong against us last time he faced us and didn't walk a single batter.

Want to hear something pathetic? We have 255 walks on the season. Good for dead last in the AL. And second to last in all of MLB. Just a tick above the Brewers (who have 245). Top 5 in walks in the AL:

Oakland

Boston

Cleveland

Detroit

Tampa

All contenders. Our feast or famine offense isn't do anyone favours.

He also went 7 strong against us last time he faced us and didn't walk a single batter.

Want to hear something pathetic? We have 255 walks on the season. Good for dead last in the AL. And second to last in all of MLB. Just a tick above the Brewers (who have 245). Top 5 in walks in the AL:

Oakland

Boston

Cleveland

Detroit

Tampa

All contenders. Our feast or famine offense isn't do anyone favours.

The Orioles don't have an offense that follows a typical blueprint. It's not optimized. But it takes years to turn over personnel, which is the only way to dramatically change whether or not a team has plate discipline. So just accept that the O's are in the top five teams in baseball in runs scored and live with the fact they haven't gotten there by the most conventional means.

The Orioles don't have an offense that follows a typical blueprint. It's not optimized. But it takes years to turn over personnel, which is the only way to dramatically change whether or not a team has plate discipline. So just accept that the O's are in the top five teams in baseball in runs scored and live with the fact they haven't gotten there by the most conventional means.

Well, I accept it. I don't like it, though.

Today's Lineup:

Orioles manager Buck Showalter is providing a little rest for Adam Jones, making him the designated hitter tonight against the Astros at Camden Yards.

Jones will be serving as the DH for the fifth time this season.

Nate McLouth is starting in center field tonight. LJ Hoes is back in left field.

For the Orioles

Nate McLouth CF

Manny Machado 3B

Nick Markakis RF

Adam Jones DH

Chris Davis 1B

Matt Wieters C

J.J. Hardy SS

Brian Roberts 2B

LJ Hoes LF

Miguel Gonzalez RHP

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/07/jones-the-dh-mclouth-in-center-field.html

I really hate how Buck's treating the 2B situation. Why on Earth are we trotting out *3* spots for 2B? It gives us less flexibility, and it hurts the team more since it's less likely Flaherty will play. Send him down to the minors so he can play every day. And we wonder why hitters struggle? We screwed the pooch with Gausman this year. Doing it w/ Flaherty.

I agree, although, I'd prefer more lineups with Flaherty at 2B and Roberts at DH. Failing that, at least let Flaherty get consistent ABs. Failing that, how about you bring him in at the end of games for defense?

I agree, although, I'd prefer more lineups with Flaherty at 2B and Roberts at DH. Failing that, at least let Flaherty get consistent ABs. Failing that, how about you bring him in at the end of games for defense?

I think you will the regular starters start rotating through the DH spot, to help keep them fresh.

Archived