Opportunity knocks for Ryan Flaherty

postal

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really not sure why Alexi Casilla hasn't been given more of a shot. Seems like he is a clear upgrade at this point..

I imagine they feel that Flaherty's upside is greater than Casilla's. If they were looking for instant production, I would think Casilla's the clear choice, though I have been very impressed with Flaherty's D.

That opposite field "blast" to knot SD at 1-1 was a thing of beauty. And the kid ran hard around the bases. Who didn't want to believe that in that moment all the hard work was starting to paying off?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm amazed at how good he's become at 2B.
I'm not. I always thought he could be a plus fielder at whatever position he played consistently. He would also be a good 3B, and an excellent 1B, and a decent SS. He looks like Ron Hansen in more ways than one. If only he could hit for a .700+OPS.

I'm not. I always thought he could be a plus fielder at whatever position he played consistently. He would also be a good 3B, and an excellent 1B, and a decent SS. He looks like Ron Hansen in more ways than one. If only he could hit for a .700+OPS.

Honestly, I'd take .650.

• 3 weeks later...
Flaherty hitting as soon as Roberts is getting close to being back is just so predictable. I'm not mad about it, though. It's just one of those things where you go "of course..."

As long as he can stay "hot" for the week or so he will be on the bench.

Flaherty hitting as soon as Roberts is getting close to being back is just so predictable. I'm not mad about it, though. It's just one of those things where you go "of course..."

Same thing happened last season when the writing was on the wall a few days before we acquired and started Omar Quintanilla. Omar provided a lot of offense for a while, but Ryan was back in the lineup by the end of the season and even hit a homer in the playoffs.

Archived