We shouldn't take Jim Johnson for granted

Frobby

Rivera missed the entire 2012 season, and the Yankess won 95 games with no problem replacing him at closer (Soriano)

The Yankees achieve many things beyond logic and reasoning.

So if Rivera is the pinnacle and even he is replaceable, then the argument quickly becomes that all closers are replaceable and therefore... interchangable? Personally, I wouldn't go that far in my argument. I believe Rivera is not only irreplaceable but he's been that way for multiple decades. Few closers even get to that level and when they do (Papelbon, Lidge, Gagne), they don't stay irreplaceable for very long.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rivera missed the entire 2012 season, and the Yankess won 95 games with no problem replacing him at closer (Soriano)

The replaced Rivera with a relieve that they paid $11,000,000 in 2012. They paid a reliever $11,000,000 to be their setup man! It's the Yankees. What the Yankees have done or do is irrelevant to any team not named the Dodgers or Angels.

TheY replaced Rivera with a relieveR that they paid $11,000,000 in 2012. They paid a reliever $11,000,000 to be their setup man! It's the Yankees. What the Yankees have done or do is irrelevant to any team not named the Dodgers or Angels.

Sorry for the missing letters. Think it's time to clean my keyboard.

The Frobby jinx is like the Madden curse. Calvin Johnson had 2,000 yards receiving this year but next year if the cover boy struggles people will blame it on "the curse."

He was on the cover this year...

When are they going to learn you can't pitch an oriole closer in a non save situation.

Archived