Don't Tell Me These O's Ain't Got No Heart

OFFNY

o

(vs. PADRES, 6/22)

After a very disheartening loss last night, the Orioles came right back with a hearty win tonight ...... and did so with Ubaldo Jimenez as their starting pitcher.

The Os have a lot of heart. I'm sure they will find a way to make up for Monday and Tuesday tough losses. Up 3 runs in each game with a chance to extend. They will find a way.

One could say the wieters HR in Anaheim already truly stole one game.

(vs. PADRES, 6/22)

After a very disheartening loss last night, the Orioles came right back with a hearty win tonight ...... and did so with Ubaldo Jimenez as their starting pitcher.

The O's have a lot of heart. I'm sure they will find a way to make up for Monday and Tuesday tough losses. Up 3 runs in each game with a chance to extend. They will find a way.

One could say the wieters HR in Anaheim already truly stole one game.

That one, and the game against the Yankees when they had Aroldis Chapman on the mound. With 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th inning, the Orioles were trailing by a score of 1-0, having failed on chance after chance to plate runs throughout the game. Wieters came through with a 2-RBI-single, and a 3rd run scored when Chapman failed to back up his catcher on the throw to home plate. Previous to that, the Orioles had been scoreless the entire game ...... just like they had been against the Angels, when Wieters hit the 3-run home run when they were down to their final strike of the game.

This team, since 2012, has consistently displayed this trait. Even during the "down" years of 2013 and 2015. I'm a big fan of the culture change Buck (and the players) have brought to the team in the last five years.

This team, since 2012, has consistently displayed this trait. Even during the "down" years of 2013 and 2015. I'm a big fan of the culture change Buck (and the players) have brought to the team in the last five years.

Even the down years of 2013 and 2015, was nowhere near as sorry as during the 14 years of being extremely bad.

In 2013, the Orioles went 85-77.

Just the fact that Oriole fans consider that a "down year" attests to how much the bar has been raised in contrast to 2011 and the years previous to it.

That's why I put the word down in quotes.

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 6/24)

A misread by Joey Rickard on the very first play of the game put Yovani Gallardo in a tough situation.

He (Gallardo) wound up ceding 3 runs that inning, putting himself and the team in a big early hole.

But Gallardo gutted out 4.33 additional shutout innings to keep his team close, the offense eventually came to life, and the bullpen was plenty good enough to secure a 6-3 Orioles victory.

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. DODGERS, 7/06)

Finishing up a long, West Coast trip.

On getaway day, facing what is essentially an 8-hour flight back to Maryland (5 hours on the plane, lose 3 hours due to the time zone difference.)

Subsequently, were they eager to just get it over with, get the hell out of Los Angeles, and get back home ASAP ??? HELL, NO !!!

9 shutout innings from the bullpen.

Chris Davis, who had struck out in his first 4 plate appearances, DID NOT QUIT. He drew a walk in his 5th plate appearance, and later singled and scored in what proved to be the decisive 14th inning.

Don't tell me these O's ain't got no heart ........ you just gotta poke around. :cool:

Edited by OFFNY

o

(3-Game Series vs. ANGLES, 7/08 - 7/10)

The Orioles got pounded in the series opener on Friday.

They came right back to win the next 2 games on Saturday and Sunday.

That's only because Buck decided to give them one and start Ubaldo. Should have started Wright and had Worley and Bundy ready to back him up if he got into any trouble.

• 2 weeks later...