Who you Gonna Trade?

weams

I would be willing to trade:

1. Jim Johnson

His performance in the ALDS and 4 losses this year reduce his value, but I don't see the O's keeping him around next year for 8+ million

2. Matt Wieters

Every year he fails to hit and gets closer to free agency his trade value drops. He is an excellent catch and throw guy but I really think his lack of pitch framing skills is hurting the staff. Hammel had a strike out on a 2-2 pitch in his last start. Wieters akwardly back handed the pitch and let his glove fly out of the zone. Hammel was PO'ed at the ump and gave up the game losing 3 run HR on the next pitch. Wieters is so big that he loses a lot of calls at the bottom of the zone. O's will need to sign Machado and Davis and a SP or two before Wieters. Won't be enough money to get it all.

3. Dylan Bundy. I was alway concerned with his size (lack of). A 5' 11" power pitcher does not fit the norm. I'm sure he is still coveted. If his arm issues become more serious he will continue to lose value.

4. Johnathan Schoop. I like what I have seen, would hate to lose him, but we need starting pitching.

5. Nick Markakis... mostly to get some salary relief so it would depend on how much we could get someone else to pay for him. If a contender would happen to lose a corner OF'er around the trade deadline I'd be giving them a call. Going forward getting .775 OPS from RF shouldn't be that hard. Nick's defense, foot speed and especially his arm seem to have really degraded in the last couple of years.

Well that's who I'd start with

You would trade Weiters? Who is your catcher? Teagarten? You are cutting off

your nose to spite your face.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That gets us Kris Benson though, right? After Schoop we're arguably out of the top 150 prospects. Delmonico is crushing right now, but someone would have to LOVE him to project his bat up from A ball.

Dyan Bundy gets us Kris Benson right now. Trading is not going to radically improve this team.

Not now at least.

Trades make no sense this season given our current prospects and core personnel. This expanded group, both major and upper minors, is the hand that has been chosen, and I believe this is the hand that will be played for 2013. If it falls off, then it falls off and the offseason will be more active, but none of the trades suggested are even remotely likely to occur (nor should they, in my view.)

Your not trading anyone right now.

There are no teams that are likely to give up a guy that is going to be a meaningful upgrade in May. Maybe a guy like Stauffer in SD could be had but not to sure if thats the type of move that helps all that much.

If Garcia and/or Jurrjens cant get it done then its Wada and if that does not work then at that point we may be close enough to the deadline to make a move. Short of that looking at a Stauffer or some other guy with a minor league out clause like Chien-Ming Wang or Jeremy Bonderman I think you have to use in house options till we get somewhat closer to the deadline and teams determine if they are moving guys

That gets us Kris Benson though, right? After Schoop we're arguably out of the top 150 prospects. Delmonico is crushing right now, but someone would have to LOVE him to project his bat up from A ball.

We could use a Kris Benson right now. Maybe Rickey Nolasco..

Not for Dylan Bundy though

I think the biggest problem with getting a guy right now is that the market is limited in what is going to be out there. Combine that with the fact that any team moving someone now would likely realize we are desperate and try to rip us off essentially since they know our options are limited and I think it makes it unlikely we get someone right now.

Not for Dylan Bundy though

I think the biggest problem with getting a guy right now is that the market is limited in what is going to be out there. Combine that with the fact that any team moving someone now would likely realize we are desperate and try to rip us off essentially since they know our options are limited and I think it makes it unlikely we get someone right now.

Of course not. Some second tier stuff. Nolasco isn't that good but he's an innings eater and I've always liked his stuff and his peripherals are actually pretty good. Considering he's a FA in 2014, I'm sure the Marlins would be looking to move him.

I would be willing to trade:

1. Jim Johnson

His performance in the ALDS and 4 losses this year reduce his value, but I don't see the O's keeping him around next year for 8+ million

2. Matt Wieters

Every year he fails to hit and gets closer to free agency his trade value drops. He is an excellent catch and throw guy but I really think his lack of pitch framing skills is hurting the staff. Hammel had a strike out on a 2-2 pitch in his last start. Wieters akwardly back handed the pitch and let his glove fly out of the zone. Hammel was PO'ed at the ump and gave up the game losing 3 run HR on the next pitch. Wieters is so big that he loses a lot of calls at the bottom of the zone. O's will need to sign Machado and Davis and a SP or two before Wieters. Won't be enough money to get it all.

3. Dylan Bundy. I was alway concerned with his size (lack of). A 5' 11" power pitcher does not fit the norm. I'm sure he is still coveted. If his arm issues become more serious he will continue to lose value.

4. Johnathan Schoop. I like what I have seen, would hate to lose him, but we need starting pitching.

5. Nick Markakis... mostly to get some salary relief so it would depend on how much we could get someone else to pay for him. If a contender would happen to lose a corner OF'er around the trade deadline I'd be giving them a call. Going forward getting .775 OPS from RF shouldn't be that hard. Nick's defense, foot speed and especially his arm seem to have really degraded in the last couple of years.

Well that's who I'd start with

Exactly my list as well. Throw in any of the cavalry and/or bullpen as well.

The real question isn't who I'd give up though... it's who is really available? Now that Price and Stanton are the DL, it makes the 2013 trade market very interesting.

Sure, but that's what we get for guys below Schoop I think. We may be able to scrounge up another Benson/Saunders type guy this year, but I'm afraid that it may be too late.

Of course not. Some second tier stuff. Nolasco isn't that good but he's an innings eater and I've always liked his stuff and his peripherals are actually pretty good. Considering he's a FA in 2014, I'm sure the Marlins would be looking to move him.

Nolasco would be a decent addition.

If there is a team that would move a guy now and not cost a premium it might be the Marlins so long as we eat the salary the rest of the year.

We better do something fast, we might not ever win another game this season. I'm surprised this thread wasn't started sooner.

The unspoken answer is... We do not have trade pieces. That is what happens when Matt Hobgood, Brandon Snyder, and Bill Rowell all fail. Mychal Givens did not help either.

The unspoken answer is... We do noit have trade pieces. That is what happens when Matt Hobgood, Brandon Snyder, and Bill Rowell all fail. Mychal Givens did not help either.

We'd get a kings ransom for Machado.

Archived