What's up with JOBat taunting us?

jimbones

He hit a combined 11 hr's in the first 4 years he played.

Then 21, then 13, then 12, then 16, then 50

During the height of the steroids era he had a 34 hr jump.

He never hit over 20 again the rest of his career. He wasn't a scrub, but if you can't even admit that year was suspicious than you lose all credibility.

I was making a point that at a time that he was struggling just to stay in the majors, Bautista was exposed to many folks who were known cheaters. Unlike Brady.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That crap he pulled with O'Day last night and against today is completely ridiculous. I've watched for years as this guy has gotten more and more full of himself. He now struts around like a prima donna, yells at any umpire who dares call a strike on him, and now he has started yelling at the other team on the field. He needs to be controlled.

I never advocate for hitting players, but I'd hit him and I'd do it more than once. I wouldn't aim for his head, but I'd aim for his hands/wrists and ribs. If he is ever on first going to second on the double play, I'd tell the SS/2B to "slip" on the throw and hit him HARD.

I'm sure Buck will have more sense than to actually to do what I'm advocating and he will be right, but I'd show this guy if it was me. I NEVER ADVOCATE for stuff like this, but I'd do it here and not feel a bit bad about it.

I'd even start Pedro Strop just to make sure JOBat gets plunked in the first inning.

I was pissed, and I'm sure it was obvious. It's not because we lost, it's because I knew we would lose before the first pitch was even thrown. These Toronto hitters stood at the plate knowing they were safe to dig in and swing away. They knew there was no chance they would have to protect their ear hole. We were just going to serve up em up on a silver platter. We weren't going to challenge them in any way. Bautista should have been drilled. Argue all you want, but they think we're weak. Weak. F-cking weak. I don't blame them for giggling and laughing. We gave them no reason not to. We were never going to win this game, but we should have sent the message that they can expect a fight next time. We did not send that message. And if you think we are going to win on talent alone.....we don't have enough talent to win on talent alone. It's gonna take balls as well, and we didn't have any this weekend.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread which I completely disagree with... until I just watched the Angerls blow a 3 run lead in the 9th- and now give up 3 more in the 10th. Things could be A LOT worse.

For the record. The Orioles are NOT weak. They play the game right. With class. Something that can't be said the Jays IMO. This entire series, EVERYTHING went the Jays way, and everything went AGAINST us, at least it seemed- and we still had a very good chance to win the first two.

The Jays are hot, and they won this battle. The war is FAR from over... and the last thing I'd want to see our team do- is put players in a dangerous position later on in the year, when we are fighting for a playoff spot- and the Jays are just plain fighting themselves. We lost Markakis last year on a CC beanball- and the last thing I want is to provoke anything like that happening later this year- just to provide a little "tough guy" payback for some short term gain... although I'm not really sure what they would have gained.. other than a possible ejection- and more arms burnt in the bullpen.

I agree with the OP to some degree. Not necessarily to send a message but to keep the hitters honest. Our pitchers should pitch inside more to capture the outer half of the plate. It's one thing to have some of the Jays big hitters digging in and swing away but when the pip squeaks of their lineup are doing the same, something's wrong.

I agree with the OP to some degree. Not necessarily to send a message but to keep the hitters honest. Our pitchers should pitch inside more to capture the outer half of the plate. It's one thing to have some of the Jays big hitters digging in and swing away but when the pip squeaks of their lineup are doing the same, something's wrong.

that's my point. we gave them nothing to fear. Nothing. I'm not advocating a beanball war, but this is ridiculous. I still stand by my stance that Bautista should have been hit.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread which I completely disagree with... until I just watched the Angerls blow a 3 run lead in the 9th- and now give up 3 more in the 10th. Things could be A LOT worse.

For the record. The Orioles are NOT weak. They play the game right. With class. Something that can't be said the Jays IMO. This entire series, EVERYTHING went the Jays way, and everything went AGAINST us, at least it seemed- and we still had a very good chance to win the first two.

The Jays are hot, and they won this battle. The war is FAR from over... and the last thing I'd want to see our team do- is put players in a dangerous position later on in the year, when we are fighting for a playoff spot- and the Jays are just plain fighting themselves. We lost Markakis last year on a CC beanball- and the last thing I want is to provoke anything like that happening later this year- just to provide a little "tough guy" payback for some short term gain... although I'm not really sure what they would have gained.. other than a possible ejection- and more arms burnt in the bullpen.

The cc pitch wasn't intentional. Nobody thought it was.

Shortly after coming in the game, TJ McFarland threw a high and tight pitch to Kawasaki that sent him sprawling on his ass. I thought that was a purpose pitch, not so much a retaliation pitch but a recognition that Kawasaki has been crowding the plate and needs to be forced to back off. McFarland didn't pitch very well today but he made at least one pitch very well.

I could not disagree more with the OP. This is not football or hockey. What does it accomplish (aside from exacting testosterone-fueled revenge) to plunk one of the Jays? It puts a runner on base and increases the chance that our starter gets tossed (granted that might have been advantageous today). I for one LIKE that we are a classier team than that. Would you really want prima donnas like Bautista, Ortiz or Pedroia (at least their characters - maybe I'd want their stats)? One of the best things about this team is that they are a team and not a collection of mercenaries worried about their individual numbers or on field drama.

Sure it's regrettable that we couldn't win at least one of the two winnable games of this series. This is baseball. Sometimes the little Japanese guy gets a hold of one, a ball goes just foul, a pitch (or 4) gets called a ball when it's a strike, etc. To take it to the next level by focusing on "chirping" between players and therefore demanding retribution is asinine. The best way to humiliate a foe is to beat them, not sink to their level.

Good post.

Hey...you're the one advocating throwing at someone's head. With as much as we know about concussions and brain injuries these days, the only reasons someone would suggest doing something like that would be if they were evil or a complete moron. I guess I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Archived