What's up with JOBat taunting us?

jimbones

He did not like O`day strutting and shouting at Jose to sit down after yesterdays strikeout.

Nothing to do with the rest of the Orioles as far as I know. Not sure why O`day felt the need to go Joba Chamberlin on Jose, maybe there is some bad blood between the two that we are unaware of

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would let one slip right into his face. I would take my chances on getting my lights knocked out. The O's, unfortunately, dont work the same way. I dont believe this team should take any poop. There arent too many guys that deserve a nice fastball to the head, but Bautista is one and we would feel it bad for the rest of the year. I would take my chances though.

This where I disagree. Jose obviously does not have his timing down and has spent the majority of the season arguing with the umps and muttering at himself for missing pitches. Why break that trend. Your best bet imo as an opposing pitcher is to leave him alone, throw borderline pitches, and watch jose lose focus and self destruct.

Why bring the focus back to you and the individual matchup. Imo, O`day did him a huge favor yesterday.

On a side note, remember when Aubrey Huff did the Joba fist pump repeatedly after hitting a dinger off him? That was an enjoyable moment of the "dark years."

I've been waiting/wanting someone to shot an arrow into the air after getting a hit to beat Rodney or untucking their shirt against Soriano.

So, the argument is Brady magically hits 50 with the help if steroids in 96 but going into his last year with the team before he

hits FA he decides, because he's had a moral renaissance, that he doesn't want to be remembered as a cheat. He does it clean in 97 and only hits 18 forfeiting millions in the process.

You think he wasn't smart enough to realize he could have become as prolific as Bonds if he would have continued down the same path?

Here's a good read if you are really interested.

http://www.platoonadvantage.com/2012-articles/august/the-flaw.html http://www.platoonadvantage.com/2012-articles/august/the-flaw.html

What the article doesn't address is the 20 pounds of muscle mass he put on in one off season.

Yeah, I'm still suspicious of anyone who sees an unprecedented power boost in any given year.

Yeah I wouldn't ever want anyone to head hunt.

It's just a game, you don't want to do any permanent damage.

But one in the ribs thigh or back?

Completely fair game.

Does anyone here want Davis to get hit or worse injured because TOR decides to throw at him in retaliation

Not only that take a look at whose on the mound tomorrow.

just because they arn't charged doesnt mean it isn't assault

Are boxers charged with assault or battery when they engage in a match? No, it's part of their sport.

Now if I take a baseball and threaten you with it on the street it's assault. If I hit you in the back as you are running away scared that's battery.

Can you cite any case law of pitchers who were found guilty of either for throwing a baseball during a game? Of course not. It falls within the rules of the game and is policed by the umpires on the field and the commissioners office off of it.

This happens all the time in baseball it polices itself. I will tell you I have a good friend who spent time up on the O's this year (hes no longer with the big club) and one of his favorite parts of the team was the trash they talked. Not in a bad way at all they just like ot run their mouths and have some fun towards the other teams. Sometimes it actually gets in the oppositions heads and hurts their ABs.

Buck acted lke he didnt have a problem with it saying both players are competitive and he's ok with that. I dont know if much retaliation is coming, unless Davis' HBP was intentional. I didnt get to see it.

This happens all the time in baseball it polices itself. I will tell you I have a good friend who spent time up on the O's this year (hes no longer with the big club) and one of his favorite parts of the team was the trash they talked. Not in a bad way at all they just like ot run their mouths and have some fun towards the other teams. Sometimes it actually gets in the oppositions heads and hurts their ABs.

I remember McLouth saying something to Jeter in the playoffs last year, that Jeter appeared to take exception to. You could tell he was annoyed when the camera showed him up close after McLouth said something to him.

Are boxers charged with assault or battery when they engage in a match? No, it's part of their sport.

Now if I take a baseball and threaten you with it on the street it's assault. If I hit you in the back as you are running away scared that's battery.

Can you cite any case law of pitchers who were found guilty of either for throwing a baseball during a game? Of course not. It falls within the rules of the game and is policed by the umpires on the field and the commissioners office off of it.

Tom Bertuzzi, look up the name

Archived