O's Acquire Scott Feldman for Arrieta

AJismyhero

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Chen gets back, is it possible O's would go with a 6 man rotation with keeping Britton in there? I wouldn't mind seeing this.

Nope-but I can see Britton going to the bullpen. I think that might happen.

Believe it or not, I HATE to lose Jake, but I think it doesnt matter because Buck made up his mind.Jake has a great arm and

no mound presence and no ability to adjust in adversity. Strop is about the same.Jake cant hurt us much in the NL,and

Feldman, whom Buck knew in Texas is mediocre in the AL (but that was a few years ago).I hate to think this means we will

dump Britton and or Gausman as a 5th starter this year, of thats true, that is a mistake.Generally Im pretty pleased with

this trade for depth only.Feldman is 3-0 with a 2.49 ERA at OPCY in 7 games and 3 starts. Not bad.

Then who would you take out of the rotation for Feldman? Someone has to go and it's clearly not going to be Gonzales, Chen or Tillman, and I seriously doubt Buck jettisons Hammel to the pen.

Then who would you take out of the rotation for Feldman? Someone has to go and it's clearly not going to be Gonzales, Chen or Tillman, and I seriously doubt Buck jettisons Hammel to the pen.

Britton is a bullpen guy-he can't get out of the 6th. Gausman belongs in AAA.

Someone is a little salty...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jake on Os fans :“That’s always been something that’s frustrating … I got a lot of gratification … when Id perform to their expectations.”</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nevermind, taken out of context...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For clarification Arrieta wasnt taking shot at all at fans. Said he loved peforming well for them and was frustrated when he didnt.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Good trade. Let's be honest, Feldman is not a great pitcher or even a really good pitcher. But he is a guy that has the potential to give us some solid starts and get us through the 6th inning.

Don't like losing Arrieta, would've liked to see him get another shot but oh well not like he is a sure thing. And Strop is whatever, he's struggled all year.

Strop was not going to be used, besides in blowout situations. Arietta had his chance, he isn't what we all wanted him to be. He had more than enough chances with us...Time to move on.

Strop could easily straighten out and revert back to a lights out setup man like he was last year with this change of scenery. I think that damn World Baseball Classic did him in. I think the Cubs win in this deal just by getting him.

Arietta on the other hand, I agree had plenty of chances, but for some reason they never actually pitched him out of the pen. Who knows, he may work out okay in that role when he doesn't have time to think so much before the game. Again, that wouldn't surprise me, but he wasn't going to amount to anything here in Baltimore as a starter. That I agree with.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jake on Os fans :“That’s always been something that’s frustrating … I got a lot of gratification … when Id perform to their expectations.”</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Wow...hard to feel sorry for this guy. He seems like he thinks everyone's against him.

Well thank god he is going somewhere that does not place much scrutiny on players. Oh wait...

If Jake could just clear his mind and pitch, he could be really good. That comment shows me that he might not be ready to do that yet.

But here's another fascinating wrinkle in the new rules: If a player gets traded in midseason, the team that trades for him will get zero compensation, no matter how big a star he is. Doesn't matter if he's CC Sabathia or Felipe Lopez. The only players who can bring any sort of compensation are players who spent the entire season with one club. Think that'll change the July trade-deadline madness? Teams are still trying to figure that out themselves.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7270203/baseball-new-labor-deal-truly-historic-one

Archived