A-Roid offered a deal to avoid a lifetime ban

Aglets

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't expect Arod to behave any differently.

Also that is an accusation.

MLB has now admitted to buying stolen documents.

So you know for a fact that MLB knew they were stolen at the time?

You keep taking the side of a cheater. If those documents aren't valid evidence then why in the world was Arod trying to buy evidence for?

So you know for a fact that MLB knew they were stolen at the time?

You keep taking the side of a cheater. If those documents aren't valid evidence then why in the world was Arod trying to buy evidence for?

I am not taking the side of a cheater, I am opposing the actions of MLB.

There is a difference.

Heck I just said that I expect Arod to do things like buy evidence, how is that taking his side?

I am not taking the side of a cheater, I am opposing the actions of MLB.

There is a difference.

Heck I just said that I expect Arod to do things like buy evidence, how is that taking his side?

I guess my take is that ARod buying up the incriminating evidence forced the MLB's hand if they did not want him to be able to continue as a kingpin. Not that they might not have anyway. They only got a small part of the stash. ARod had already gathered and destroyed the mother load.

I guess my take is that ARod buying up the incriminating evidence forced the MLB's hand if they did not want him to be able to continue as a kingpin. Not that they might not have anyway. They only got a small part of the stash. ARod had already gathered and destroyed the mother load.

But that was far from the only...questionable action MLB took. What about continuing the farce of a lawsuit so they could acquire phone records?

MLB comes off just as bad as Arod does in all of this.

I also believe that the Yankees and MLB were colluding against Arod. That injury during his rehab was very suspicious and just happened to keep Arod off the MLB roster until all the suspensions were handed out.

But that was far from the only...questionable action MLB took. What about continuing the farce of a lawsuit so they could acquire phone records?

MLB comes off just as bad as Arod does in all of this.

I also believe that the Yankees and MLB were colluding against Arod. That injury during his rehab was very suspicious and just happened to keep Arod off the MLB roster until all the suspensions were handed out.

We differ.

... MLB comes off just as bad as Arod does in all of this.

No, they don't. MLB is on a mission to get PEDs out of the game. First of all, they don't have the subpoena powers of government prosecutors. Secondly, they're not bound by the same set of rules that law enforcement officials are. They're doing the best they can and we should be grateful that the players union and individual players are finally supporting the effort wholeheartedly.

Players who cheat aren't facing criminal prosecution for the most part, even though they should. All they're facing is the loss of a privileged lifestyle, after they've already been paid more than most fans earn in a lifetime. They deserve what they're getting and it amazes me that some fans continue to defend them.

Conspiracy theorists abound, no matter how silly they sound.

No, they don't. MLB is on a mission to get PEDs out of the game. First of all, they don't have the subpoena powers of government prosecutors. Secondly, they're not bound by the same set of rules that law enforcement officials are. They're doing the best they can and we should be grateful that the players union and individual players are finally supporting the effort wholeheartedly.

Players who cheat aren't facing criminal prosecution for the most part, even though they should. All they're facing is the loss of a privileged lifestyle, after they've already been paid more than most fans earn in a lifetime. They deserve what they're getting and it amazes me that some fans continue to defend them.

Conspiracy theorists abound, no matter how silly they sound.

No, there should be standards of behavior. Paying for STOLEN documents is not acceptable.

It amazes me that folks are willing to allow all sorts of behavior in the name of "cleaning up the game".

No, there should be standards of behavior. Paying for STOLEN documents is not acceptable.

It amazes me that folks are willing to allow all sorts of behavior in the name of "cleaning up the game".

No, what you're doing is rationalizing why you're siding with the cheaters against MLB and the honest players who want the game cleaned up.

I have no problem with MLB investigators buying documents if that's the only way they can get them. Now if you had proof that they were manufacturing evidence, that would be a very different story.

So what if the documents were "stolen"? They are evidence of illegal activities and don't have the same protection against theft as records of legal activity would. Where in the world is your sense if indignation coming from?

No, what you're doing is rationalizing why you're siding with the cheaters against MLB and the honest players who want the game cleaned up.

I have no problem with MLB investigators buying documents if that's the only way they can get them. Now if you had proof that they were manufacturing evidence, that would be a very different story.

So what if the documents were "stolen"? They are evidence of illegal activities and don't have the same protection against theft as records of legal activity would. Where in the world is your sense if indignation coming from?

Because MLB is engaging in CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.

Archived