A-Roid offered a deal to avoid a lifetime ban

Aglets

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
How can this possibly be? This is ridiculous.

They are purposely letting him play this season, which is an absolute joke on so many levels. Hell, they came right out and said the appeals date was for the day after the Yankees season ends "unless the Yankees make the playoffs." So they are in writing, conceding that they are purposely allowing him to play the 2013 season out til its over.

How can Bud Selig and company knowingly allow a known cheater to continue effecting games that make a real difference in the playoffs. Wouldn't this open them up to major scrutiny at the least, and possible lawsuits at the worst? Could Peter Angelos sue MLB for allowing ARod to contribute to the Orioles missing the playoffs?

From another perspective, how do we know ARod is clean now? Maybe he figures if I'm gonna get a lifetime ban anyway, why not roid up and help the Yankees win this year? I'm being serious. Are they testing him routinely? What if he is still using the damned things? Why wouldn't he be? He's been untrustworthy for his whole career possibly, so why change now? Peter should sue the league for fraud.

This is as bad as the Black Sox scandal of 1918!

They are purposely letting him play this season, which is an absolute joke on so many levels. Hell, they came right out and said the appeals date was for the day after the Yankees season ends "unless the Yankees make the playoffs." So they are in writing, conceding that they are purposely allowing him to play the 2013 season out til its over.

How can Bud Selig and company knowingly allow a known cheater to continue effecting games that make a real difference in the playoffs. Wouldn't this open them up to major scrutiny at the least, and possible lawsuits at the worst? Could Peter Angelos sue MLB for allowing ARod to contribute to the Orioles missing the playoffs?

From another perspective, how do we know ARod is clean now? Maybe he figures if I'm gonna get a lifetime ban anyway, why not roid up and help the Yankees win this year? I'm being serious. Are they testing him routinely? What if he is still using the damned things? Why wouldn't he be? He's been untrustworthy for his whole career possibly, so why change now? Peter should sue the league for fraud.

I hope that your tongue is planted firmly in your cheek.

The way the CBA is written,a player can play while his appeal is being heard.

So if there is any anger,it should be towards that.

More to the point,I hate the fact a team with one cheater on it is likely to miss the postseason(they Yanks) while the Red Sox could very well win the World Series with Big Papi leading the way.

Amazing to see while players like Jeter and Mo are faltering,Ortiz was able to bounce back from his injury and is hitting the best he's hit in years.

I'm sure there's no cheating at all.

The way the CBA is written,a player can play while his appeal is being heard.

So if there is any anger,it should be towards that.

More to the point,I hate the fact a team with one cheater on it is likely to miss the postseason(they Yanks) while the Red Sox could very well win the World Series with Big Papi leading the way.

Amazing to see while players like Jeter and Mo are faltering,Ortiz was able to bounce back from his injury and is hitting the best he's hit in years.

I'm sure there's no cheating at all.

And why should there be anger towards that? What if a player is suspended for 50 games, serves 30 of them while waiting for an appeal and then has the suspension overturned? Then a player who was not found to be at fault gets a paid 30 game suspension. How does that sit with justice?

OOo1919.

OOo1919.

Maybe he meant how scandalous it was that a team as talented as the 1918 White Sox finished under .500. I'm sure Chicagoans got together in saloons and on street corners calling for Pants Rowland's head because he batted the wrong guy 5th, stuck with his veterans way too long, and didn't even know what a bullpen was. I mean, any half-wit could see how much sense it made to trade Ray Schalk to the Boston Braves for pitching and put together a cheap, effective platoon of Otto Jacobs and Byrd Lynn.

Archived