Espn 1000: Roberts talks are off

JimboHendry

MacPhail has pride and plenty of money. If Angelos was trying to make him the laughingstock of baseball while he's busy preparing his campaign for the commissioner job, he would quit in a heartbeat.

No, he wouldn't. MacFailure is a great double talker. You saw it here in Chicago and there is a reason we didn't do well under his tenor. I wish you guys the best of luck but you really should have hired Walt Jocketty to rebuild your team.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, he wouldn't. MacFailure is the artist of double talk. You saw it here in Chicago and there is a reason we didn't do well under his tenor. I wish you guys the best of luck but you really should have hired Walt Jocketty to rebuild your team.

Yes there was....Wood and Prior couldn't stay healthy.

Jocketty is a terrible idea.

Roberts and Gallagher are represented by the same agency. Maybe this is where the information is coming from.

Exactly. About 1/4 of baseball is represented by that agency and we know Peace has a contact within it. That's why I'm thinking it's likely that Roberts' agent was likely one of the ones believed to have confirmed this, and why it doesn't make sense that Anita Marks said what she did if in fact this information about the agents confirming it was accurate.

No, he wouldn't. MacFailure is the artist of double talk. You saw it here in Chicago and there is a reason we didn't do well under his tenor. I wish you guys the best of luck but you really should have hired Walt Jocketty to rebuild your team.

Irrelevant. McPhail's job description here is substantially different than it was in Chicago.

No, he wouldn't. MacFailure is a great double talker. You saw it here in Chicago and there is a reason we didn't do well under his tenor. I wish you guys the best of luck but you really should have hired Walt Jocketty to rebuild your team.

I never said MacPhail was a great baseball man. I think the jury is still out on what he can or can't do for the O's and I haven't been super impressed so far. However, we all know he wants to be commissioner, and being known as Peter Angelos' lapdog wouldn't help with that. An ambitious man doesn't just sit around and allow himself to be made a laughingstock by his boss without fighting back.

Since 99% of us don't know, don't claim to have insiders, and will not know until it's reported and confirmed, I'll choose to believe Sports Guy and think that something else is going down with other teams.

I hope you're right!

Does anyone know who the 2 players were the agents were notified?

Angelos didn't nix the deal. You guys really need to get that out of your head.

It was just disinformation going around..Nothing more than that.

So, what's your personal opinion about the nature and cause of the disinformation? Or do you not have one yet?

Archived