Big blow for Mets as Matt Harvey faces Tommy John surgery

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Mets&src=hash">#Mets</a> Matt Harvey reportedly has partial tear of UCL and may need Tommy John surgery.</p>— Steve Berthiaume (@BertDbacks) <a href="https://twitter.com/BertDbacks/statuses/372083796792725504">August 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Devastating if he winds up needing the surgery.

I hope that they make a decision on the surgery as soon as possible, one way or the other.

I guess years ago, pitchers torn their UCL was career over.

But, it just seams that a higher number of pitchers are needing Tommy John.

What does concern me, was something that somebody said about pitchers automatically starting to do TJ, like they used to yank Tonsils out.

Prediction:

1)Matt Harvey has TJ surgery but comes back strong for a few starts at the end of 2014.

2)Matt Harvey pitches great in 2015 but is shut down because of an innings limit in September during a Mets playoff chase.

3)The Mets make the playoffs but lose due to poor pitching performances in the NLDS without their ace.

4)The Mets struggle to make the playoffs again in subsequent years and everyone wonders if they missed their chance because of Harvey's innings limit and whether it was really worth it.

5)Everyone laughs at the Mets, except the Nationals are kind of uncomfortably laughing in the corner because it's all just a bit too familiar.

That Tweet is a bit misleading. He may or may not need TJ. It could be months before they make the determination.

I am glad that Bundy's recovery won't be eating up a year of team control.

Yeah, the title is a bit misleading. I read the actual tweet itself, which is why I (like yourself) also presumed that it was not yet definite as to whether or not he would need the surgery in my original post in the thread.

Archived